SCI-FI geeks out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the shows listed are actually a cross of American and Canadian. A mix of both Country's writing, producing, directing, actors. Stargate's SG1, Atlantis, and Universe are great example's.. The Director's, Producer's, screenwriter's Dom DeLuise son's Peter and David DeLuise own these show's. They are Stargate as far as the Tv show goes. I'm not sure if they had anything to do with the Original movie. Farscape was an American/Australian show.

You mean, aside from Stargate, X-Files, MacGyver, Earth-Final Conflict, First Wave, Highlander, Battlestar Galactica, Andromeda, and others...

I don't know what it is, but we make a lot of SciFi & Fantasy shows up here.

Bryan

EDIT: to clarify, I'm not nominating Andromeda as 'one of the best'.

BattleStar Galactica was American.But they did do some filming in Canada for outdoor background's. And had some Canadian Actors.
Rest are definitely Canadian.

If those were slow, I really need to watch the rest. :) Right now I'm on a Star Trek TOS kick. The second season of Star Trek is where it really picks up steam.

I heard bad things, but from people much different than me. What you say sounds ok.....but did it have it's own identity too?

Regarding Oblivion... Yeah, it definitely had its own identity in there that helped to tie all the other elements together. A neat war story with a twist to it, a nice love story, a couple of cool mysteries... I'd be interested to hear some of the negatives people are saying, just to compare to my own thoughts on the movie. See if it'd poke any holes in my own experience, I guess.

New episode of Defiance tonight. Anyone else enjoying this show? It's like a wild west sci fi.

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!

Who is the old bag working for? Did I miss it or is it still a mystery?

New episode of Defiance tonight. Anyone else enjoying this show? It's like a wild west sci fi.

!!!Spoiler Alert!!!

Who is the old bag working for? Did I miss it or is it still a mystery?

Who cares, the current mayor is kinda hot! I'm waiting for soem back story on all of these alien races. One thing I don't get, they have enough tech to build ships to get here, but they're driving aound in wierd and old junker cars??? I'll still watch it though, not a bad show.

Haven't seen falling skies - but based on the comments here and a bit of reading, it looks like I have some episodes to track down!

Who cares, the current mayor is kinda hot! I'm waiting for soem back story on all of these alien races. One thing I don't get, they have enough tech to build ships to get here, but they're driving aound in wierd and old junker cars??? I'll still watch it though, not a bad show.

Kinda?! She's the type of politician I could really get behind. :D Sorry, I had to. I don't know if the video game has more back story but the Wikipedia page has a lot of info. There was an unknown catastrophe that destroyed their fleet above Earth which led to the planet getting deformed and the animals mutated.

Kinda?! She's the type of politician I could really get behind. :D Sorry, I had to. I don't know if the video game has more back story but the Wikipedia page has a lot of info. There was an unknown catastrophe that destroyed their fleet above Earth which led to the planet getting deformed and the animals mutated.

I know that at some point they did show a view from space that depicted ship wreckage. I assumed that was from some sort of war, that the humans had struck back with perhaps nuclear weapons once the terraforming started. But a catastrophe works too.

Does anyone know why the races are divided? Why the Volge seem to have no problems with killing off the other races?

I know that at some point they did show a view from space that depicted ship wreckage. I assumed that was from some sort of war, that the humans had struck back with perhaps nuclear weapons once the terraforming started. But a catastrophe works too.

Does anyone know why the races are divided? Why the Volge seem to have no problems with killing off the other races?

The races are all from the same solar system that was about to be destroyed. They came to Earth looking for a new home. The Volge were supposed to be left behind to die. Another mystery in the series is who and why the Volge were smuggled out of the solar system with everyone else.

I'd eh-hem vote for her again and again,;) Thanks for suggesting the Wikipedia page, just read it, good back story.

I believe Haley jo Osment was originally going to play ender.,I think it was just after the Sixth Sense.

I believe Haley jo Osment was originally going to play ender.,I think it was just after the Sixth Sense.

I don't think he could be serious enough for Ender...

Looks like they aged the kids up a few years. Oh well, I kind of expected that. There is WAY too much good stuff in the book to ever make it in the film. Too many thoughts and stuff that are hard to get across. I hope they get Ender's character right.

Sounds like the side story with Peter and Valentine is not in there. I hope they at least flesh out the characters, especially Peter. He was kind of scary in the book.

If I remember right, they had the kids older in the movie because the book takes place over a longer time period. So rather than try to either age the actors a little or claim they're a few years older even though they look exactly the same, they just made them a little older and had the training take less time.

my buddy turned me on to supernatural, it is pretty good. it has a very good sense of humor about itself , i think of it as this generations x files.
best sci fi books are enders series and anything from lovecraft

now this has some potential,

:mug:

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-4c8U-mUI"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-4c8U-mUI[/ame]

Any SGU fans as pissed as I was watching the end of the series as Eli Wallace stands on the observation deck and it ends?:mad: I was pi*sed!

Any SGU fans as pissed as I was watching the end of the series as Eli Wallace stands on the observation deck and it ends?:mad: I was pi*sed!

I was mad it ended just as it was getting its legs under it, but was happy they left it open to pick up again if there were able to restart it.

Maybe they'll wrap up with some movies like they did with SG:SG1..

B

PS: To those who mentioned falling skies - thank you. Watched most of season 1 - its been great. 3 episodes to go, then onto season 2!

Bryan

Maybe they'll wrap up with some movies like they did with SG:SG1..

B

PS: To those who mentioned falling skies - thank you. Watched most of season 1 - its been great. 3 episodes to go, then onto season 2!

Bryan

Its been a long time since it ended , I dont think they will. But then again True sci fi is making a come back and the reality tv and gay vampires are dieing off , thank god.

my buddy turned me on to supernatural, it is pretty good. it has a very good sense of humor about itself , i think of it as this generations x files.
best sci fi books are enders series and anything from lovecraft

My wife and kids are into Supernatural. Wife has been watching several episodes a day for a couple of weeks now. Trying to get caught up.

She's a bit obsessed with Dean. She got tickets to a convention for her and the kids (I declined, but they are taking my daughter's friend).

I'm just waiting for her to call me Jensen in bed... :eek:

Back