FT Heady Topper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
I just got back from one of the better six pack shops. They have a dozen or HT cans. $10/ea (ouch)!

I'm interested in Anchorage, Jester King, Hill Farmstead.

Crazy, ive seen 30$ 4 packs but 10$ a can just puts the icing on the cake.
If they paid someone that went to the brewery cases are ~80$

Thats 300% profit....a shame.

Sorry for my rant, but IMO if its not within 2 weeks of canning and being chilled the whole way that price tag is not worth it.

I hear you and agree! I'm pretty far from the brewery and PA is about the worst for beer and liquor pricing to begin with.

FWIW, Heady is a very different brew. It's intensely hopped. I had it (and dont like it) but everyone in VT is crazy for the stuff as they can not keep it on the shelves.

If you do get a 4 pack, heed this warning (and I'm being very serious). For every can you drink, you NEED to drink atleast 8oz of water.

Roost3r said:
FWIW, Heady is a very different brew. It's intensely hopped. I had it (and dont like it) but everyone in VT is crazy for the stuff as they can not keep it on the shelves.

If you do get a 4 pack, heed this warning (and I'm being very serious). For every can you drink, you NEED to drink atleast 8oz of water.

Totally disagree! It's an amazing brew for those hopheads out there. Water may be necessary for someone who isn't a fan of ipa's or doesn't have the palate for them, but even as "intensely hopped as it is" it's not that extreme.

Water? Grab yourself a Bud Light and save the good shlt for those who like it.

Totally disagree! It's an amazing brew for those hopheads out there. Water may be necessary for someone who isn't a fan of ipa's or doesn't have the palate for them, but even as "intensely hopped as it is" it's not that extreme.

I wouldn't consider myself a hophead, but have truely enjoyed HT everytime I've had it. Out of a billion hoppy beers out there, I can only say that for a hand full of hoppy beers. Trust me, That says alot! Lol

Roost3r said:

Lol, what are you even talking about? So you don't get too drunk? I don't get this water thing.

427Cobra said:
Weezy what bottle shop? House of 1000 beers?

I saw that on their FB post. I'm pretty saddened to hear that. One of the better bottle shops in the area. But that price is fooking crazy! It's not like its a rare beer...maybe in PA, but not in VT!

I saw that on their FB post. I'm pretty saddened to hear that. One of the better bottle shops in the area. But that price is fooking crazy! It's not like its a rare beer...maybe in PA, but not in VT!

I don't know what they have to do to get it. I know D's actually has people buying several things from Phili distributors and bringing it to Pittsburgh. Point is, it may very well warrant some premium.

Weezy said:
I don't know what they have to do to get it. I know D's actually has people buying several things from Phili distributors and bringing it to Pittsburgh. Point is, it may very well warrant some premium.

That's true. I recently picked up some Russian river from Dee's. that's how I learned how they got it. But they didn't mark it up that much I don't think. Is $13 outrageous for Damnation?

Roost, i remember my first iipa!! Cheer!!

That's true. I recently picked up some Russian river from Dee's. that's how I learned how they got it. But they didn't mark it up that much I don't think. Is $13 outrageous for Damnation?

I think that's about double retail.

Oh. :eek: Well then. At least I got to try a RR. At any rate, thanks to Dee's for making the trip to Philly to get us Western Pa honkeys some great beer! Carry on!

This is all a byproduct of PA's liquor laws. Joe retailer in PA can't just call Russian River's (or whoever's) main distributor and order beer.

Weezy said:
This is all a byproduct of PA's liquor laws. Joe retailer in PA can't just call Russian River's (or whoever's) main distributor and order beer.

I know. The guy at Dee's said that RR and others got duped into signing exclusive distribution deals with the Dist in Phil. Hope they don't last too much longer.

tyzippers said:

Yeah I agree. Thought about making the drive to get it but since I've sampled before couldn't justify the price. It was on my bucket list so if I never had it I would pay that price in an instant.

Sorry to get off topic. The OP has some tasty Heady somebody make a trade! GLWT.

I've actually already traded what I have. They have more but I won't be able to get there to buy more soon due to unexpected travel for work this week. i'll check when I get back but half anticipate it will be gone!

Whew...I can get Damnation at Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting, PA for under $6 a bottle. Supplication is around $11...would hate to see what they would charge out in Pittsburgh for that.

I'm thinking the next person I trade heady with should up the ante. Especially if you're buying if for 10$ a can and I pay 13 a 4pk. Lol nah I'm joking. Even though that's outrageous it's also giving people outside of Vermont a chance to try heady or other beers they don have access to.

MrNickVT, Heady for Gandhi-Bot? Let me know.

Latest posts

Back