Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emcdonald

Reaction score
Hey all, so I am going to be adding 2.5 lbs of Strawberries into my Blonde. I have them frozen right now, but from there i'm not 100% how to add them to my secondary. Do i need to thaw them out? Mash them up? or can i just cut them up into 1/4's and then put them directly into the secondary? I am going to break up this batch into 2 2.5gal batches and the first half will be the blonde, the second will be blueberries, so the same question for the blueberries.

I did a strawberry Berliner and put 6 lbs into 5 gallons. I never did freeze them but I did quarter them and as I put hem into the fermenter I squeezed them in my hands some. i did not make sure they were all crushed evenly and some did not get crushed much at all. I was surprised b how much the strawberry flavor came through. I also had it on the fruit for 2 weeks.

Dirk

Back