dunnage rack?? with stout kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akroessler

Reaction score
hey there friends!

Makin the switch to electric from gas so im looking at new racks/tables to support my new 20 gal stout kettles. Theyre quite tall, and i ordered a nice 72" stainless steel table (33" tall) and im worried that the height of the 27 tall kettles +33" from table is just too much without a step stool.... im 6 ft but that doesnt leave much room to scoop out grains, clean, etc.....

My question is if anyone has used dunnage racks? they are much shorter and very sturdy, made of aluminum.

Ill attach a picture of the kettles for size and what i was looking at.

81oj52bPivL._SL1500_.jpg
image1 (1).jpeg

Just cut the legs off the table you ordered. That is what I did with mine to make my 30g kettles more accessible..

Just cut the legs off the table you ordered. That is what I did with mine to make my 30g kettles more accessible..
I wasn’t sure if it would ruin the legs. The table is still being sent to me so I wasn’t sure if they were hollow or not. That’s good to hear though

I wasn’t sure if it would ruin the legs. The table is still being sent to me so I wasn’t sure if they were hollow or not. That’s good to hear though
They are just pipes, a simple hack saw and you can cut them to whatever length you want.

Back