super cheap solenoid valves or junk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't say food safe anywhere so it's a bit of a risk. You could get one to try on the water side. Solar use indicates OK for hot water. Suspect wort would clog it.

Description says it is good up to 100°c so temps should be good for what I do.

In the picture it has a screen that looks like it could plug but description says it will remove for cleaning. I wonder if they will run without it in.

I emailed the seller to see if they are food safe. Good catch.

Those Chinese valves aint cheap, are made of plastic and it will take 2 weeks to arrive. Duda is cheaper, all metal, and it will arrive in about 4 days. Looks like a no brainer to me.

Wheelchair Bob

Those Chinese valves aint cheap, are made of plastic and it will take 2 weeks to arrive. Duda is cheaper, all metal, and it will arrive in about 4 days. Looks like a no brainer to me.

Wheelchair Bob

So it would seem. Price really jumped up. I bought 5 for $31. My build has been going slow but I will post a review when I start using them.

At that price why not use Honeywell VC valves? They are cheaper and readily available since they are used in hot water heating.

How is this better than the ss valves offered by duda? $57 doesn't seem cheap to me, but maybe I'm missing something...

They must have relist at 11x the normal price. If you click "find more like this" there are more available for around $6 each.

They certainly are the cheapest, least desirable option but I am hoping they will work to get started. I am planning on replacing them slowly as I can afford it.

have you looked at the KLD valves from China, I've set my system using six three ways with one pump. no leaks, full flow, around $30 AUD each

Description says it is good up to 100°c so temps should be good for what I do.
But that doesn't meant they're food safe. It just means they won't melt at 100'C.

Unless you plan using them for water or some use where you're not going to consume the liquid going through them, I wouldn't use them myself unless they're certified safe for food use.

My 2 cents.

Kal

For peace of mind I emailed the supplier from china. He basically said "all your base are belong to us" so I feel much more comfortable about using these. <-- note sarcasm.

Aybabtu.png

Cool. All is good then! ;)

Kal

Brant - did you ever end up using these valves? If so - what did you think? Notice any off flavors etc??? I am going to pick up two for my water supply lines, but if you used them hot side with no ill effects I might pick up a few more to try out.

Back