Golden Ale Recipe...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goplayoutside

Reaction score
Alright, trying to get back into brewing after a couple years with an easy recipe. The plan is to do a 3 gal batch, full boil, extract w/ some steeped grain (decided to save remembering how to mash for later...) single stage fermentation and bottle conditioning. I want a crisp and refreshing brew with low to moderate ABV for hot-weather consumption that tastes FRESH.

Fermentables will be 3:1 ration of Pilsner DME and Wheat DME (The wheat is for head retention and a little bit of sparkle), and I will be steeping to 10 deg. Carmel malt to give the beer a little more body and malt charachter without moving too far towards an amber color.

My plan for hops is to do 50/50 fuggles and willamette, adding 1/3 oz of each at 60 min, 10 min, and 1 min.

Oh yeah and Nottingham will be the yeast because it works pretty good for almost everything...

Anybody have any tips for this style, like a favorite adjunct grain to consider adding or an alternate hop variety, perhaps? Of course, if anything I am planning sounds like a bad idea, that would also be helpful information...

Back