Drill scrubber attachment to clean a keggle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beernutz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I use a keggle when I biab and also as part of a 3 vessel system I built. Cleaning it is probably my least favorite part of the brewing process and consequently it could be cleaner.

When I get motivated enough I use a green kitchen scrubber pad and some Barkeepers Friend to clean off the worst of whatever is clinging to the inside of the keggle.

However, I would really like to make this an easier and more effective process and I was thinking if I could add a green scrubber attachment or the equivalent to a drill I could get the inside of the keggle sparkling clean with a lot less elbow grease.

Anyone in HBT-land used a drill scrubber to clean their boil pots?

Last edited:
I hated cleaning out those keggles too. What you're looking for exists - go to a car parts store (or amazon) and find a drill attachment for cleaning wheels.

HOWEVER, if you want to make your life easier, do what I do: fill with water, a scoop off oxyclean, wait a day, hose out. No scrubbing at all. Phat waste of 15 gallons of water, but my time (and back) don't want to deal with the cleaning anymore.

You can toss other dirty stuff in there and it'll likewise get clean.

One of the many products is called Drill Brush has many brushes and scrubbing disks with different aggressiveness. I have a set, but never used it on my brewing equipment. It really depends on the chore if it's worth digging it out. I've not had much of an issue with a little hot water and PBW.

Thanks gentlemen. Both ideas have merit but I think I will first try the oxyclean soak as it appeals to my lazy and cheap personality traits. I will try to collect immersion chiller output on my next brew in buckets to at least get some double use of the cleaning water.

Last edited:
I would be cautious about spinning a green pad against stainless steel removing metal. I try not to use green scrubbies at all as they're too aggressive for common cleaning chores. I can usually get my bk clean with a stiff sponge and some dishwashing liquid, but if needed my go-to is to sprinkle in some BKF and use the same sponge...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back