Doublebock wort into barley wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpenSights

Reaction score
This spring’s firebrew with my club is Douplebock. Up to 200 gallon shared brew.

$30 for 5 gallons plus a day with the club brewing, sharing, sampling, food.... sounds like good times for cheap.

Anyhow, one of the club members made a douplebock and turned it into what tastes like barley wine. I should be getting the recipe soon.

I’ll be buying 10 gallons. One to just pitch and one to experiment with.

Any ideas are appreciated!

I could see Dopplebock = Barleywine, maybe also= Wee Heavy. Could even go a little outside and do a Double Cascadian Dark.
All about the same OG. Change up the hops a bit, and definitely change the yeast.

I could see Dopplebock = Barleywine, maybe also= Wee Heavy. Could even go a little outside and do a Double Cascadian Dark.
All about the same OG. Change up the hops a bit, and definitely change the yeast.

It’s all one batch when it comes out... ready to pitch, hops and everything. I could bring my kettle and tun to add ingredients...

I like heavy, but mostly drink ipa.

What’s a Double Cascadian Dark?! I’ll start researching it. But if you have a recipe, as in I could figure out how to teek it on brewsmith with my 60 minute wort.

Thank you!

What’s a Double Cascadian Dark?!
Also known as a Black IPA. I don't have a recipe, have only done it once, way back when, as an extract kit. But were 'the latest thing' about 5 years ago. I remember the heated arguments on whether to call them the oxymoron Black IPA, or the Northwest tag of Cascadian Dark.

Just looked it up! LOL! Black I.IPA! That was my first AG. Need to keg it tomorrow. Been in the fermenter way too long. Will definitely have to force carb. Insane grain bill!

Thanks!

Once I find the recipe I’ll send it to ya ya want.

Also known as a Black IPA. I don't have a recipe, have only done it once, way back when, as an extract kit. But were 'the latest thing' about 5 years ago. I remember the heated arguments on whether to call them the oxymoron Black IPA, or the Northwest tag of Cascadian Dark.

That’s funny! First time I had a black I IPA, I thought “WTF? A dark Pale Ale?” Don’t know, but it’s good beer!

Back