Does anyone know anything about And Union?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ollie8000

Reaction score
And Union: Modernist Bavarian Beer are one of my father-in-law's favourite breweries at the moment. He is visiting from the UK later in the year (pandemic permitting) and I thought I'd try to brew something of a similar style. However, I've never tasted any and their website, and the web more generally, seem to not have much to say.

I think the Saturday (lager) and Sunday (pale ale) are ones he particularly likes, but I'm curious about information and ideas for recipes on any of them.

I'd say the recipe is 90% marketing and 10% beer. :cool:
Seriously, it's one of the ugliest and least informative websites I've seen since the invention of the Internet...

Ha! Yes.

A bit more info from the back of the Saturday lager can: "Unfiltered helles lager, Alc 5% Vol, 11P. Ingredients: water, barley, yeast hops."

Yes, not the most informative ingredient list. I guess it at least tells us there's no oats or corn sugar or anything (assuming it's true). And thanks for the tip, that looks like a great beer.

Yes, not the most informative ingredient list. I guess it at least tells us there's no oats or corn sugar or anything (assuming it's true). And thanks for the tip, that looks like a great beer.
It's a German beer. You can't use unmalted adjuncts or refined sugars in Germany.

Back