My marathon beer day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgarry

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had a good supply line. Had a friend paint our house while I was away. Told him to help himself. Well 10 gal in 1 wk. I have about 2 cases of bottles that were aging. Needless to say, got up early and brewed the following AG recipes
American pale ale (very lite for my parents 50th anniversary)
Lakefront fixed gear American red - my favorite brew
Irish red ale
Belgian strong golden ale.......In a month I should be good to go

Be

What recipe do you use for the fixed gear? That one has been on my list for a while.

11.25 lbs malteurop 2 row
.75 Briess Caramel 60l
.5 Belgian special b

Mash 153
Boil time 90"
.5 Columbus 60 min
.5 chinook 20"
1 oz cascade 5"
1 oz citra dry hop
1 oz chinook dry hop

Saale 05

How many hours from start to finish and were you boiling while mashing the next??

That is a long brew day for sure.

I started at 7am and just about to pitch yeat for Belgian so 12 hrs. The key was timing everything so while I was mashing, the previous one was boiling adding hops etc. Had to keep track of everything but most of us are organized. Clean was easier than 4 batches separate .

10G in one week, wow. That's a tough liver.

I put up a fence last summer after the Aurora winds knocked it over. My father in law and I finished a keg in three days but 10g for one guy? That's crazy.

My retired neighbor goes through a half barrel every 3-4 weeks. He also drinks cans! I calculated a minimum of 6 beers a day for him.

He had at least one guy helping him. The painting was great so I'm not complaining but led for a long weekend. All are busy bubbling away today.

Latest posts

Back