More 15 minute boil recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonon2

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the 15 minute Cascade Pale Ale recipe recently and I'd like to do more 15 minute boil recipes. They seem like a great way just to keep the keg full of something I want to drink.

I'm looking for ways to tweak the recipes and get as varied results as possible from the same basic procedure. Can I get pointers to specific recipes or can you all contribute some basic rules on what kinds of recipes will convert well?

Googling different forms of "15 minute boil" doesn't give me a whole lot since there are so many recipes that include hop additions at 15 minutes.

I'm sure some wheat beers, and maybe some stout/porters with lower ibu's could work. The 15 minute boil is nice, and makes for a much faster brew day.

Anything that doesn't require a lot of bitterness. I plan on making a pale ale soon where I'll probably use a flavorful high alpha hop (maybe citra) at 15 min to get some moderate bitterness.

Yes, I did a pale... well, I guess it was an amber because I couldn't get light DME at my LHBS, and it was great!

try googling "20 minute kit/recipes/boil" also
20 minute pre-hopped is one of the standards
you don't have to go 20 min, some people just get it into the pasturisation range and do all the mixing in the fermentor,
its just that 20 is the maximum with pre-hopped extract before it starts doing strange things.
midwest or norther brewer has a bunch of 20 minute kits.

I've done a couple of 20 minute boils with a couple of cans of MR. Beer that I got cheap.

The MR.Beer went straight into the fermenter (no boil) and added about 20 IBUs to a 5 gallon batch (2 cans). Any hopped LME will do if you can get an idea of the IBUs it contributes.

For the rest I added LME to the boil and added loads of hops starting at 20 minutes in. You can easily get a 60 IBU hoppy beer. Steep some crystal as you heat up the water if you want more flavor.

You and I both, my friend! That cascade 15min. took about 7 days total and i kegged on day 8. Tastes amazing!! No green taste what so ever.

Latest posts

Back