I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, am I bored tonight. Lots of things to do, but not many that won't take more then an hour. That's when I need to go to bed.

Hmm, I wonder if it's late enough in the year I can take the 50lb bags of gravel out of the back of my truck.

Hmm, I wonder if it's late enough in the year I can take the 50lb bags of gravel out of the back of my truck.

I read that twice and then remembered when I was a kid. My Dad built a house in the woods on a hillside when I was 12. Before that we lived in the big city (pop. 2,000) in Illinois. Our country home was connected to a small town by gravel roads. The lane leading to the house was steep and long, a sharp curve at the top. 4X4's weren't as popular as they are these days. Dad used to have my brothers and I add some weight to the bed of the truck during winter because 2 wheeled drive trucks are light in the rear and the extra weight helped get traction in the snow. Also late every fall normal tires were replaced with studded tires and in the spring removed. Thank you for bringing back fond memories LG. :ban:

I wonder what kind of beer I could have made in prison. Steal ketchup packets and moldy bread. I'm going to just hang here with my son and the boys for a while. Took a long nap in my new bed with clean sheets. I do believe I could get used to this. Some other friends came over and now down almost 2 cases of beer. I'll have to really get brewing if they keep this up. If I do go back in a month or so, when the crops come in, will stay with my sister and nephew. Hubby can die alone in the woods. I don't even care anymore. All the stress has been lifted off my shoulders like a magical forklift came to save the day. Will probably brew tomorrow. They like my APA the most. And the apple mint gruit tastes good with peach kool-aid. Who knew?

:ban:

BobbiLynn, you sound good. Maybe it's the homebrew, maybe it's being with your son, or maybe it's the heavy load you've carried alone; lifted off your shoulders. Most likely a combination of many things but you do sound happy!

I'm not great at giving advice and that is why I didn't comment earlier when your difficult situation came up. In that, I'm a follower not a leader. But some great people who I have come to respect, even if this is "just the web" gave you sound advice. Tough love advice. Some would say this is the internet don't believe what you hear there and to a point I'd agree.

(Note to self - babbling, get to the point)

Difference is, this is HBT! This is OUR thread. People who post here are your friends even if never seen before.

If you decide to stay away or go back home. Great idea if you check in here first.

PS.. James, you are my hero.

See here, Bobbi, you're already thinking about crops coming in. Take a week of "vacation". Enjoy your time. Then think beyond harvest time. Then keep thinking. Do not rush any thoughts. You seem impulsive, and that quality gets things done. But sometimes we need to slow down and decide what is right for only us. Not anyone else.
And get brewing. Those kids will drain your pipeline in no time!

I wonder what kind of beer I could have made in prison. Steal ketchup packets and moldy bread. I'm going to just hang here with my son and the boys for a while. Took a long nap in my new bed with clean sheets. I do believe I could get used to this. Some other friends came over and now down almost 2 cases of beer. I'll have to really get brewing if they keep this up. If I do go back in a month or so, when the crops come in, will stay with my sister and nephew. Hubby can die alone in the woods. I don't even care anymore. All the stress has been lifted off my shoulders like a magical forklift came to save the day. Will probably brew tomorrow. They like my APA the most. And the apple mint gruit tastes good with peach kool-aid. Who knew?

:ban:

You sound angry and now relieved with a little break from reality. Everyone needs a break once in a while. I do right now and I have a bunch of good beer. If you weren't so far away we would be having a few right now and figuring this **** out:mug:

Sorry Bobbi that I did not take you very seriously. I am glad you are well and wish you the best.

Ischiavo, You are a good man. I'd bet my left nut Bobbi understands and loves you and thanks you for your well wishes.. She'll tell you herself.

I think she's gone to bed or partying like a college kid right now. :rockin:

Ischiavo, You are a good man. I'd bet my left nut Bobbi understands and loves you and thanks you for your well wishes.. She'll tell you herself.

I think she's gone to bed or partying like a college kid right now. :rockin:

I feel the same about her. If she is partying like a college kid, I am pissed that I was not invited.

Speaking of invitations, tomorrow is my Brother's birthday. He has a great place out in the woods. We will be playing poker shooting guns and getting plenty drunk. You all are welcome.

He likes Johnnie Walker so I was going to pick up a bottle for him. Give me some alternatives or good whiskey drink recipes.

I feel the same about her. If she is partying like a college kid, I am pissed that I was not invited.

Speaking of invitations, tomorrow is my Brother's birthday. He has a great place out in the woods. We will be playing poker shooting guns and getting plenty drunk. You all are welcome.

He likes Johnnie Walker so I was going to pick up a bottle for him. Give me some alternatives or good whiskey drink recipes.

Whiskey in the jar

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm partying like a college kid, glad I got that nap. No worries, it didn't really even occur to me that anyone wasn't taking me seriously, a little wrapped up in my own little world right now to worry about stuff like that. It's kind of loud around here to try to sleep. But don't want to tell the kiddies they must be quiet or go home, it's my first night here. I think I am pretty angry, but also happy. The one roommate is really cute and I think he's checking me out. I will be good. I promise. :D

I'm partying like a college kid, glad I got that nap. No worries, it didn't really even occur to me that anyone wasn't taking me seriously, a little wrapped up in my own little world right now to worry about stuff like that. It's kind of loud around here to try to sleep. But don't want to tell the kiddies they must be quiet or go home, it's my first night here. I think I am pretty angry, but also happy. The one roommate is really cute and I think he's checking me out. I will be good. I promise. :D

When I party like a college kid, I need a few days to recover. Don't let those young college boys sway you...It's all about experience:D

BobbiLynn said:

HE'LL be good, if he knows what's good for him. Roommates mom is WAY off limits lol. I agree with Dan, you sound happy and you deserve it. Enjoy your evening.

Sis, Know always this.

Not just me but many
Have seen you work hard for your penny
It's time now to kick back
Don't mattter who you sack....

Wait a minute.. wait a minute. (think the Disney Aristocrats LP with two dogs hanging out by the roadside. Listening to a three wheeled motorcycle approaching) Sort of like that

Tomorrow comes and things can't be undone
Today you live and life is grand that's what you do and take your stand
Okay, right now I have no more words.. and if they were they'd be dmub words..

Hold on. I'm getting a homebrew now.

Edit: :D Or sleeping with the cows. Again.

emjay said:
Speak for yourself. :D
Friends moms are fantasies better left unfulfilled ;)
Dan said:
Sis, Know always this.

Not just me but many
Have seen you work hard for your penny
It's time now to kick back
Don't mattter who you sack....

Wait a minute.. wait a minute. (think the Disney Aristocrats LP with two dogs hanging out by the roadside. Listening to a three wheeled motorcycle approaching) Sort of like that

Tomorrow comes and things can't be undone
Today you live and life is grand that's what you do and take your stand
Okay, right now I have no more words.. and if they were they'd be dmub words..

Hold on. I'm getting a homebrew now.

Edit: :D Or sleeping with the cows. Again.

Dan, you rock. Good night my friend.

My son keeps getting asked, "That's your mom?" and he does this eye roll thing and says yes. If they want to party like this every night, they really need to invite some girls over. Probably I will pass out again now. My son will protect me. I heard him say twice already, hey, that's my mom!!!

Sort of funny here late at night
The things I say seem alright
Who's is in this crew?
Many good people including me and you.

My son keeps getting asked, "That's your mom?" and he does this eye roll thing and says yes. If they want to party like this every night, they really need to invite some girls over. Probably I will pass out again now. My son will protect me. I heard him say twice already, hey, that's my mom!!!

Okay, BobbiLynn. You are in a weird but lovely situation. Apparently you are still very attractive and some young, dumb and full of come guy want's you. I'd say go for it. Then again, might be better to scratch that itch on your own.

Dan said:
Okay, BobbiLynn. You are in a weird but lovely situation. Apparently you are still very attractive and some young, dumb and full of come guy want's you. I'd say go for it. Then again, might be better to scratch that itch with your own finger.

I drifted off for a moment, but was awoken with sure knowledge that Dan was getting even badasserer in here :D I think you should become a substance abuse counselor, Dan. You always seem to bring out the best in people.

Okay, BobbiLynn. You are in a weird but lovely situation. Apparently you are still very attractive and some young, dumb and full of come guy want's you. I'd say go for it. Then again, might be better to scratch that itch on your own.

Dan you are a poet and may well know it but that is your most erotic piece yet.

I drifted off for a moment, but was awoken with sure knowledge that Dan was getting even badasserer in here :D I think you should become a substance abuse counselor, Dan. You always seem to bring out the best in people.

No I don't. People are good. Their goodness comes out and we don't always appreciate it. I try to lean towards the goodness in people and if I can say a few encouraging words do. I have been called insensitive by some people and that is not a false description of me.

I think I dozed there for an hour. Noise level here is still pretty high. Need to go tell them they forgot to turn off the TV. I'll probably look like hell in the morning and my son's friends will say, What was I thinking? It's the weekend, I'll let them be noisy. I'll probably wait at least a week before sleeping with any of my son's friends. And by "sleeping", I don't mean sleeping. :p

Or maybe I will take Dan's advice. Though I realize now I forgot my toys when I moved out.

No I don't. People are good. Their goodness comes out and we don't always appreciate it. I try to lean towards the goodness in people and if I can say a few encouraging words do. I have been called insensitive by some people and that is not a false description of me.

Insensitive, that's a good word. My friend Marsha, her 2/y/o niece drowned in a swimming pool last week. My friend, Jolis, her husband has to have his left eye removed via surgery next week. And my friend Joe Frances, he's a preacher, or was a preacher, he's also dying of cancer and I'm going to miss our fishing trip. We had plans, oh well. I think there is a callous on my brain. And another thing, why do people tell me their problems? Because I look like I care? Maybe I do care, but I am calloused. Go ahead and tell me and I'll think about it a little bit.

Aha.. with not toys you'll need some boys
But don't. Or do. I don't care who you screw
Wow! I just surely got heavy
and don't want to be the pinhole that brings down the levy
Crap! I don't know BobbLynn
Sure a night with you would make a guy grin
It wouldn't be the original sin
Am I really going to post this?
Shouldn't but screw it I'm toasted.

Sometimes people need that tell it how it is kind of person. You can only sugarcoat life for so long.

Truer words never spoken. It's also a stance not easily taken. I failed BL in her time of need. Afraid to tell her my thoughts.

Back