DIY Brauduino System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

changchuyo

Reaction score
I have been working on a Single Vessel Reverse Recirculation project using the Matho's Brauduino Controller. I have the first version ready to brew and currently I'm working on the next version, my own braumeister clone also based on Matho's controller. I modified the code to fit a 16x4 LCD and changed the language to spanish, I also have the translated code in spanish for 16x2, 16x4 and 20x4 LCD displays. As you can see I´ve used low cost or free hardware to complete this project.

Kettle: I found two cheap 43 liters chinesse pots (around US$ 15 each), and started to do all modifications.

Heating elements: Standard cooper heating elements 1500Watts each (3000W). Water reachs 67°C in 22 minutes (40 liters).

The malt basket: It was made from a dryer drum I found in a junkyard, Stailness Steel!!!!

Recirculation pump: I've tested a universal washing machine pump (110VAC), working perfectly for 3 hours at 96°C without a single damage.

I built the Brauduino controller shield using a universal circuit board that fits directly over the arduino UNO board, also uses a 16x4 LCD display, all the stuff is enclosed in a Outdoor plastic IP65 Nema Box.

I'll be happy answering all the questions and reading all comments you may have.

Cheers fron Caracas!!!!

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

Nice job!
Reverse circulation? How do you get the malt pipe to seal in the bottom with the elements coming through the sides and all?

Nice job!
Reverse circulation? How do you get the malt pipe to seal in the bottom with the elements coming through the sides and all?

Hi alphaomega.

I mean "reverse" to braumeister. The malt pipe does not seal into the bottom, the pipe or "malt basket" (as I call it) is suspended inside the outer pot, wort is pumped from the bottom and goes out to the top using a plastic sparge tube.

I posted a picture using the first version of the control box, no longer used since I discovered Brauduino!!!

Cheers!

IMG_0605.jpg

frogmeister-005-actual-pots.jpg

Hello changchuyo,

Thanks for tipping me about your project. Very nice! You sure know your ways around. I'm aiming more towards a 'plug-n-play' solution on the electric side. Everything in one box.

btw any thoughts about using copper, brass, and plastic in brew installations? I'm still not sure if it is important or not. Beer is not very acidic, so probably it's less of a problem as compared to wine or so... but still.

that's pretty sweet! Another thing to consider when I decide to redo my brew setup.

for those looking for a plug and play(no soldering required) Brauduino controller check this Aussie thread, I believe there are still a few spots left, and a few on the list are set to head state side.

ED: clarity

the heating element you have in the new version of my Braumeister clone, did you buy it online?

Thanks Arturo,

did you bend it yourself?

AL

You're always welcome, yes these are easy to bend but you've to be careful with the rod ends, I recommend you to use a tube bender like this: http://thd.co/2fEMbqg on ebay you can find cheaper ones.

Please let me know if you need more help or tips, I have built two similar clones and learned some experience that I'll be glad to share.

Regards,

Arturo.

You're always welcome, yes these are easy to bend but you've to be careful with the rod ends, I recommend you to use a tube bender like this: http://thd.co/2fEMbqg on ebay you can find cheaper ones.

Please let me know if you need more help or tips, I have built two similar clones and learned some experience that I'll be glad to share.

Regards,

Arturo.

:mug: thanks, I think I will need some help when it comes to wiring

Hi again,
It has been over a year since last time, I was busy and did not work a lot on my brewing vessel, but now I'm back.
I have built a dummy controller though, I did dry test and wet tested it using boiling kettle :rock::rock: I worked good.
I will definitely ask for more help

upload_2017-12-31_13-8-29.png

Hi,

Nice to see you around, your controller looks nice!!!!

I'll be glad to help you.

Happy new year!

Back