Is my secondary pointless at this point? (with some pics)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlreadyXDead

Reaction score
Hey all,
I brewed a AG Centennial blonde about a week ago. Had it in primary for 8 days. It had finished fermenting pretty quick, did a reading 3 days prior to racking and there was little or no change in gravity.

I transferred to a secondary because i'm used to doing that with the kits i used before getting into AG. I am not even dry hopping, i guess really its just in there to clear out.

Should i just go a head and bottle this stuff up ASAP? Or is it safe to let it sit for another week in the carboy to clear up.

Thanks HBT!!

Right after racking is the first picture. Second picture is a few days after. The box behind it made it a little darker.

DSC_0174[1].jpg

DSC_0176[1].jpg

You answered your own question. You can bottle it if the gravity is stable, or leave it to clear in the secondary

If it were mine, I would've left it in primary for the extra time. I think bulk conditioning helps mellow out any off flavors.

Thanks for the reply guys! I figured it would be ok to leave in secondary. I think im going to cold crash it for a few days anyway. Maybe use some gelatin afterwards and than bottle.

I like my blondes clear, I would cold crash it, then once cleared, bottle. I did the More Fun Blonde for homebrew day, waiting for it to carb, should be a nice summer beer.

Thanks guys. I am planning on cold crashing for a few days. Its already cleared out really nicely just sitting in my basement. Going to crash it just to see how clear i can get it.

Back