Direct wet sensor for ITC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MplsUgly

Reaction score
I'm looking for a direct wet temp probe that will work with a ITC-1000. I just want to use a spare ITC as a temp readout for my HLT so I want a 6" long, 1/2 NPT probe to use in the T of my sight glass. I have a RTD version but that doesn't work with the ITC.

I know I could use a PID with the RTD I have but I'm looking to cobble this together cheaply.

Someone must have done this already, if anyone has ideas or what the spec is on the sensor that would be a big help.

Cheers.

I'm looking for a direct wet temp probe that will work with a ITC-1000. I just want to use a spare ITC as a temp readout for my HLT so I want a 6" long, 1/2 NPT probe to use in the T of my sight glass. I have a RTD version but that doesn't work with the ITC.

I know I could use a PID with the RTD I have but I'm looking to cobble this together cheaply.

Someone must have done this already, if anyone has ideas or what the spec is on the sensor that would be a big help.

Cheers.
Hi. Here you go! I have this Inkbird 12" probe and it works like a charm.
ETA: Sorry, should have read through more carefully. You can also use this one if you want to use it with a sight glass. You'll need to add a compression fitting like this one. Ed
:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back