Differing carbonation level due to malt used?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just john

Reaction score
I have two similar cream ales in the fridge on the same CO2 pressure and the one with German Pilsner just doesn't seem to want to carbonate. The Great Western two row brew is almost over carbonated. It's really bizarre. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes! Me and my girlfriend have very different tastes and even when our individual beers want about the same carb level, one is always 'ideal' one to three days before the other. Sorry though, I haven't yet zeroed in on the 'why?' part of that.

Yes! Me and my girlfriend have very different tastes and even when our individual beers want about the same carb level, one is always 'ideal' one to three days before the other. Sorry though, I haven't yet zeroed in on the 'why?' part of that.

Good to hear I'm not crazy. Well I might still be. The one that doesn't want to carbonate is a month on CO2 and the other only a week. Same yeast, ABV roughly, FG. The hops are the same amount but different hops. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Back