Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's like saying Lewis was completely innocent because he wasn't convicted even though he admittedly concealed evidence from the police.

As for the Cassel thing. I'm not saying he didn't do "ok" but personally I attribute a lot of that to their defense at the time. Their current Defense isn't even close to that group. Remember, even Tebow is above .500 rs and @.500 ps with a good D. Also, it's not exactly a tough conference. Teams jump up to appear decent but typically it's NE in the end with a few slips. Plus I forget why Miami went that year over NE. They ended with the same record IIRC and I remember NE beating them at least once that year.

And it was proven when?? Oh thats rite it wasnt

Yeah he was totally innocent. Definitely didn't anything wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7485346/settlement-reached-ben-roethlisberger-civil-lawsuit

That's why he settled in a civil lawsuit and essentially paid off his victim.

It's why he apologized publicly and was suspended from the NFL for 4 games. Innocent people do not apologize for things that they didn't do.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/26/ben-roethlisberger-apolog_n_552693.html

Damn, some of y'all are really dense.

That's like saying Lewis was completely innocent because he wasn't convicted even though he admittedly concealed evidence from the police.

As for the Cassel thing. I'm not saying he didn't do "ok" but personally I attribute a lot of that to their defense at the time. Their current Defense isn't even close to that group. Remember, even Tebow is above .500 rs and @.500 ps with a good D. Also, it's not exactly a tough conference. Teams jump up to appear decent but typically it's NE in the end with a few slips. Plus I forget why Miami went that year over NE. They ended with the same record IIRC and I remember NE beating them at least once that year.

A lot of people when they bash Cassel like to ignore his 2010 season. 3,116 years, 27 TDs with 7 INTs and a 93.0 QB rating. He's not as bad as people try to make him out to be. I suspect the reason his game went into the dumps in 2011 and 2012 was because he was trying to carry the team and do too much.

PSA for newcomers: you can pretty much discount anything Hoppy has to say, as everything he knows about football he learned watching Redzone.

Cheers! ;)

Oh come on isn't it better for them to find out for themselves?

Torry Holt disagrees...

chad-ochocinco-2011-preseason-patriots-new-england-patriots-24781795-640-360.jpg

A lot of people when they bash Cassel like to ignore his 2010 season. 3,116 years, 27 TDs with 7 INTs and a 93.0 QB rating. He's not as bad as people try to make him out to be. I suspect the reason his game went into the dumps in 2011 and 2012 was because he was trying to carry the team and do too much.

Ok, but that's what, roughly half Brady's production before and after that season? I don't have a huge problem with Cassel but I do think he shows Brady isn't that easily replaced. His production still frequently makes up for their slide on defense. I don't consider that madly productive either as I vaguely recall them scaling their offense back to make him appear more successful.

Trust me, I can give you dozens and dozens of examples of wide receivers who didn't work in New England's system. It's a lot of short passes, and Brady's usually great at getting the ball in a good spot to the open guy... but there are a ton of adjustments that have to get made at the line and after the snap. It's not even being able to memorize the playbook; it's being able to interpret what the defense is doing the same way that Brady interprets it, so the receiver knows whether to break off the route or whether to go deep or what. Those near-instantaneous screens and slants that Welker ran, a good chunk of those were just because he and Brady saw how the defense was playing off and knew to change the play.

So, no... not any receiver can play in New England. I'd say that a lot more receivers are not going to be successful in that system than will be successful.

NE has a great system in place but you need to be great at running routes. That's why Welker dominated there. That's why Troy Brown was such an asset.

I think that the Pats should trade for Victor Cruz, I think he'd be the type of receiver who could put up MVP numbers in that system. Look at what he does with Chuck and Pray as his QB. Imagine if he had a QB who went in there with a plan.

NE has a great system in place but you need to be great at running routes. That's why Welker dominated there. That's why Troy Brown was such an asset.

I think that the Pats should trade for Victor Cruz, I think he'd be the type of receiver who could put up MVP numbers in that system. Look at what he does with Chuck and Pray as his QB. Imagine if he had a QB who went in there with a plan.

Why not trade for Calvin Johnson, Fitz, Julio Jones and Crabtree while your at it?

Well, Victor Cruz is theoretically available, since he and NY are seemingly at a stalemate on a long-term contract (the cost of which would be far too much for New England).

I think Crabtree would be less likely to fail at it than Amendola to be fair. J. Jones never struck me as that type of receiver but to be fair, I go out of my way to avoid watching Falcons games on principle. No idea on Calvin as I think I've watched all of 2 Lions games in 3 years.

And Cape, that post gives me horrible deja vu. ;)

I think Crabtree would be less likely to fail at it than Amendola to be fair. J. Jones never struck me as that type of receiver but to be fair, I go out of my way to avoid watching Falcons games on principle. No idea on Calvin as I think I've watched all of 2 Lions games in 3 years.

And Cape, that post gives me horrible deja vu. ;)

You should be more fair

Crabtree is better than Cruz by a damn sight.

Player A:

• GP REC TGTS YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LST

16 82 131 1,536 18.7 99 9 5 9 1 1

16 86 143 1,092 12.7 80 10 5 2 0 0

OR

Player B

15 72 114 874 12.1 52 4 4 0 0 0

16 85 126 1,105 13.0 49 9 5 7 0 0

Player A:

16 82 131 1,536 18.7 99 9 5 9 1 1

16 86 143 1,092 12.7 80 10 5 2 0 0

OR

Player B

15 72 114 874 12.1 52 4 4 0 0 0

16 85 126 1,105 13.0 49 9 5 7 0 0

Just watch a game. Kaep has always been better and now that he has a real QB he's a top 10 maybe top 5 WR in the league. Cruz is not a number 1 and needs other options on the field to allow his game to work. Crabtree is a god, Cruz is a very good slot receiver who does a stupid ****ing dance.

Just watch a game. Kaep has always been better and now that he has a real QB he's a top 10 maybe top 5 WR in the league. Cruz is not a number 1 and needs other options on the field to allow his game to work. Crabtree is a god, Cruz is a very good slot receiver who does a stupid ****ing dance.

Crabtree is many things in life including a cry baby and a diva, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe him as a god. He was, until last season, a league average receiver and borderline bust who hadn't fulfilled any of the hype that lead to him being a top-10 pick.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, A.J. Greene, and Julio Jones. Those are arguably the top 5 receivers in the NFL based on skill and production. You can round out the top 10 with several other receivers, NOT named Crabtree. Crabtree is in discussion for the top 20 receivers based on last years numbers but without Kaepernick last year he's a complete bust.

All the things you said about Cruz can be easily applied to Crabtree. I hate the salsa dancing as much as anyone else but I hate players who hold out of their rookie contract because they want more than players at the same position picked ahead of them.

Crabtree is many things in life including a cry baby and a diva, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe him as a god. He was, until last season, a league average receiver and borderline bust who hadn't fulfilled any of the hype that lead to him being a top-10 pick.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, A.J. Greene, and Julio Jones. Those are arguably the top 5 receivers in the NFL based on skill and production. You can round out the top 10 with several other receivers, NOT named Crabtree. Crabtree is in discussion for the top 20 receivers based on last years numbers but without Kaepernick last year he's a complete bust.

All the things you said about Cruz can be easily applied to Crabtree. I hate the salsa dancing as much as anyone else but I hate players who hold out of their rookie contract because they want more than players at the same position picked ahead of them.

His hold out is the only thing that qualifies as remotely divaish and even that he was a young guy who got bad advice. He also put up top 5 numbers starting the minute Kaep took over, keep in mind his previous QB was complete trash. I cannot think of a single time he has cried about anything. Also, Crabtree is a legit number 1 not a slot guy like Cruz. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

His hold out is the only thing that qualifies as remotely divaish and even that he was a young guy who got bad advice. He also put up top 5 numbers starting the minute Kaep took over, keep in mind his previous QB was complete trash. I cannot think of a single time he has cried about anything. Also, Crabtree is a legit number 1 not a slot guy like Cruz. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

You obviously don't understand the concept of a top-5 receiver. Just to be clear we're talking top-5 in the league, not your own team. Vernon Davis is arguably the best receiver on the 49ers at the moment.

This is Crabtree's stats from 2012. His BEST statistical year to date. Do you see anything in here that screams "Top-5" receiver? Aside from his YAC stats, he's at best a top-20 receiver.

- 14th in Receiving yards (1,105 yds)
- 11th in Receiving TDs (9 and behind Cruz btw)
- Tied for 17th in Receptions greater than 20+ yards (15)
- 18th in Yards Per Game (69.1)
- 5th in YAC (536)
- 13th in 1st Downs (57)
- 13th in Receptions (86 and behind Cruz)
- 23rd in Targets (126)

Im thinking a reply of " But if Kapernick had been there the whole season those would be different" is coming.

Back