Dieter yeast for other than Kolsch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzOr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello All,
I just kegged and now started to lager a Kolsch made with Imperial Dieter. I harvested some of the trub as well as top cropped the yeast.

Now I'm wondering what else I can ferment w Dieter? This is my first time w this yeast so it's too early to determine some of the characteristics. I can say that it has flocculated very well so far. About two weeks in my anvil and it came out really clear, almost as clear as S-05.

I have a decent hop variety in my freezer and I'm thinking of a fruity pale (I have azacca, citra, cashmere and mosaic). I have never used azacca and cashmere so I'm hesitant to use Dieter. Only for the simple reason that it could muddy or interfere with the new to me hop varieties.

Any input is appreciated.

Stay safe,

I use that same yeast to brew Biere De Garde. I like it a lot!

Peruse the Brulosophy website - at least one of those guys uses it as his house clean yeast.

Kolsch yeast works great in wheat beers, kettle sours, Berliner Weisse, more kolsch...

I used this yeast in an Altbier and it worked a treat. Fermented to the higher end of it's temp range and all in all it was a good beer. Hopped with Tettnang to have a little bitterness and the malts came through nicely. I'd certainly make it again with this yeast strain. I used the "Brew your Best..." recipe from Beer and Brewing's website.

Latest posts

Back