new home search requirements

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerzrus

Reaction score
Hey all -

I didnt see this topic when I searched and I dont even know where to start to figure out what forum I should post this in but it seemed like a good start.

So...my family is looking for a new home and the best requirement I can come up with is a full basement and a decent back yard.

What are your requirements? I Ebrew all-grain so a spot for that is a requirement too.

Currently in the search is a full basement with stubbed bathroom plumbing that I think I could tie into to to build a brew room plus bar. Ideas? There are a lot of good bment builds here and I look forward to having one of my own soon.

Thoughts?

Thanks-

Wow your lucky wish places out here in CA came with basements I'd move in a heartbeat!!!

If you Ebrew then make sure that you have a big enough service to add the circuit for brewing.

I want to get into electric brewing but my sevice is not big enough to add another circuitat will handle it. I am trying to convince my wife that we need to upgrade our elictrical service because it is maxed out.

My requirements in 2000 were: price, not too rundown, nice neighborhood, basement, garage, decent yard. In that order.

I looked at a few houses in my price range that needed a fair amount of work just to move in. I then lucked out and found a house that was move in ready and $5000 less than the others I was looking at. I didn't have to do any major maintenance projects for several years after moving in.

I'm in the new place. It has a basement room that I will be turning into a brew/stock EMREGency goods space plus another 700 sqft will be finishing later... The best part is; it has all the plumbing needed for a homebrew space. Venting is within reach, water, and city sewer. With a little imagination hopefully I can reuse most of the waste water. As I build the room and waste water use I'll post in the appropriate build thread.

D

Back