Tropical fish

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 25-gallon freshwater tank. Nothing fancy -- a pair of blue rams, an albino bristlenose pleco, some tetras (lemon and rummy-nose) and some harlequin rasboras.

This is a really old thread but I'm a new member and I actually have 3 tanks.

I breed Red Cherry Shrimp and Assassin snails and sell those regularly to fish stores and online or craigslist. I used to breed African Cichlids too but it takes too much space.

Right now I have a 10 gallon heavily planted tank with ~200 RCS and 1 Galaxy Rasbora

I also have a 29 gallon heavily planted tank with 4 Celebes Rainbows, 4 Cherry Barbs, 40+ RCS, 20+ Assassin Snails, 2 Dwarf Gourami, 1 Male German Blue Ram, 1 Triple Red Cacatoides Apistogramma, 1 Long Fin Albino Bristlenose Pleco, and 1 Clown Pleco.

My third tank is a 50 gallon Lake Malawi Mbuna Cichlid tank. I have 14 various Mbuna Cichlids, all male, 1 Bristlenose Pleco and a Featherfin Catfish.

I was wondering if there was a thread about this, there are a lot of similarities between the two hobbies. My experience with aquaria has really helped me to stop messing with stuff and let nature do its thing.

I have a 30 gallon with a couple of dozen neolamprologus similis. Very cool little Tanganyikan shelldwellers.

Cool i've thought about switching my Malawi tank to a Tanganyikan because of getting those shell dwelling cichlids

Cool i've thought about switching my Malawi tank to a Tanganyikan because of getting those shell dwelling cichlids

The similis are my favorite fish I've ever kept. It's like watching a neighborhood with the shells as their homes. They have tons of personality, its almost like you get to know them- who is pairing up with who, who doesnt get along and they breed readily, so you get to watch the kids grow up.

I had a 50 gallon of Mbuna and it was ok, very pretty fish but they didnt have the personality these little guys do.

Back