Brew setups with panache

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pagerage

Reaction score
So I stumbled upon this on eBay, it's a water heater from 1910 or so.

image-956419061.jpg

I have absolutely no idea how it could be incorporated into a brew set up, but my crazy let's-see-what-I-can-make-outta-this-side would love to see it used!

I'm not talking about a Rube Goldberg type set up but just something that looks cool.

Yeah, that's like what I was thinking. I know brew setups are supposed to be strictly functional, but I've seen some crazy builds on here.

So I stumbled upon this on eBay, it's a water heater from 1910 or so.

View attachment 121403

I have absolutely no idea how it could be incorporated into a brew set up, but my crazy let's-see-what-I-can-make-outta-this-side would love to see it used!

I'm not talking about a Rube Goldberg type set up but just something that looks cool.

Major respect for the groovy water heater... and your profile pic/screen name :ban:

Absolutely that things need to become a kegerator.

An insert to hold a corny, I'm thinking glycol pumped in from a hidden side bath, to keep it cold.

Or even just run the beer lines to it, and have 3-4 taps out of the top. Brass taps.

wailingguitar said:
Major respect for the groovy water heater... and your profile pic/screen name :ban:

Thanks! I am a mature punk rock/rockabilly type (I would never say old) and Bettie Page has always been my ideal for beauty. It's been my username for almost everything since I opened my first Hotmail account back at the beginning of the Internets!

Yeah, you guys are right. So much potential here! It could be like you said a smoker or really the kegerator is awesome! Like someone said just running the taps through it would be so cool.

Just for the record, this thing isn't mine. I'm not selling it. But the guy selling it, I'm not even sure where it is, he's only selling it for like 60 bucks or so. Obviously it has to be picked up because shipping cast-iron that big would be ridiculous. After I saw it I obviously looked at other ones but I guess they normally go for a heck of a lot more.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll have my shop back and I will stay put in one place long enough to mess around with something like that again!

Thanks! I am a mature punk rock/rockabilly type (I would never say old) and Bettie Page has always been my ideal for beauty. It's been my username for almost everything since I opened my first Hotmail account back at the beginning of the Internets!

I'm wondering if Wailing guitar and myself made the same mistake regarding your name. I didnt even consider your avatar pic as relating to the name. :p

chumprock said:
Ahh... I thought it related to the phrase "Page side rage side" which has absolutely nothing to do with BP.

Ha! I just looked that phrase up, awesome, never heard that! But then again, I would lose my punk rock union card if anybody knew I listen to Phish. :)

That's why I have had to hide my unexplainable affinity for ABBA all these years! It's really embarrassing at times.

Ha! I just looked that phrase up, awesome, never heard that! But then again, I would lose my punk rock union card if anybody knew I listen to Phish. :)

That's why I have had to hide my unexplainable affinity for ABBA all these years! It's really embarrassing at times.

Bud, ABBA is legit! They wrote great songs that have had staying power and the campiness is kind of cool. That being said, you're right; you WOULD lose your punk union card if anyone knew you listened to Phish!

wailingguitar said:
Bud, ABBA is legit! They wrote great songs that have had staying power and the campiness is kind of cool. That being said, you're right; you WOULD lose your punk union card if anyone knew you listened to Phish!

Thanks Man! I'm moving to Ukraine in a few months and when my wife saw a new ABBA museum opened in Stockholm, she turned to me and said "so I guess a long weekend in Sweden is in my future"!

Thanks Man! I'm moving to Ukraine in a few months and when my wife saw a new ABBA museum opened in Stockholm, she turned to me and said "so I guess a long weekend in Sweden is in my future"!

Do it! Stockholm is a great town. Lots of really cool museums and stuff, I loved it. Take more than a weekend if you can!

chumprock said:
ABBA has been inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame, so there's that I guess....

Well even as a fan, I would say that just shows how meaningless the R&R Hall of Fame has become!! :)

As much as I appreciate all the input so far. Including the Swedish girls above.... WTF happened to the original post. I was almost as excited to see the crazy "S" people have built as I am when I see above mentioned females in the wild.

tankcrash said:
As much as I appreciate all the input so far. Including the Swedish girls above.... WTF happened to the original post. I was almost as excited to see the crazy "S" people have built as I am when I see above mentioned females in the wild.

Yup, you are correct sir! Total freaking tangential stream of consciousness on my part!

I really did wanna see bada$$ stuff people have built!

Latest posts

Back