White Sage?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laserghost

Reaction score
Planning to brew the Saison du Buff, and am confused about the white sage. I don't know where to find it, also it calls for it fresh. Some research indicate it's native to the southwest, but I can't find any here in Boston.

Does anyone have any info or suggestions on White Sage?

Planning to brew the Saison du Buff, and am confused about the white sage. I don't know where to find it, also it calls for it fresh. Some research indicate it's native to the southwest, but I can't find any here in Boston.

Does anyone have any info or suggestions on White Sage?

i just brewed a version of du buff. i just used regular sage (found in the veggie section of the grocery store). you're only using about .05 oz (for 5 gallons).

dry could be a possibility, but i can't seem to find that here either. i think i'll just sub in regular, fresh sage.

I used dry sage when I made this because its what I had and it turned out fine. It's such a small amount. Be careful with the rosemary though. That really came through on mine almost too much.

Latest posts

Back