David_42's PRA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I'll preface by admitting being a bad swapper. I've yet to send my part of the bargain, so David, I'll get it out ASAP!!!!

Now, on to the Poor Richard's Ale.

David_42 pre-warned me that it had received mixed reviews from his local cronies, and I don't get the negative press. This stuff is GOOD! Maybe its just because I like sweeter beers, but this one has a nice flavor, decently hopped and a great molasses accent. I'm pairing it with a pan-fried coconut-crusted tilapia.

David admitted that it was under-carbonated. It is, but that's not the hurting the experience. I'm drinking it at a warm temperature and truly enjoy it. There's just enough carbonation so that I can't refer to it as flat. It's got great clarity, nice aroma and great taste.

Good job, Dave.

Thanks! The reviews weren't so much negative as "What style is this supposed to be!?" There are a lot of flavors people aren't used to in PRA, a little like the first time you have a big Belgian.

Back