Danby Kegerator into Wine Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yroc

Reaction score
I have a Danby DKC052BSLDB kegerator (photo shown below). I am wondering if anyone knows if and how I should go about adding a digital temp controller to this device.

1622491529716.png

Would I replace the existing temp controller dial inside the fridge or would I just add on a separate external digital controller?

I am trying to use my kegerator as a wine cooler for 6 months when I am away during the winter months and use it as my regular beer cooler when I am home. Right now the dial is not digital and I am unsure it has the required range .. I need to find a way to dial it in at the right temps for each purpose.

Newbie in need of help.

I contacted Danby and they told me ... Temperature range should be somewhere between 10F and 50F (approx.).

I have a black dot on the spot where I put it for beer ... I guess I will have to run a few tests with a digital thermometer to see how much warmer I can get it and perhaps add another black dot onto the dial.

Thanks for giving me the idea Dr. Jeff.
20210531_165515[1].jpg

Good time to clean the faucet. Pull it out and stick an inkbird probe in there taped to a bottle. Get the wifi version then you can view temps while gone. The data logging is cool too.

Or you could just turn it down....

Latest posts

Back