Attaching 2' copper pipe in 3" tower??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbaum

Reaction score
I need some wisdom. I plan to finally install a stainless steel tap tower on top of my Danby mini fridge this weekend. I know all the pros to a cooling fan, but opted to try and use an insulated copper pipe hanging down from the tower into my fridge instead. Then run the beer lines through the pipe. How do you attach the copper pipe in the tower so it stays put? Seems like it would just fall down into the fridge. Only thing I can think of is to hot glue gun a couple pipe clamps in the tower. Appreciate any feedback.

I am at this stage as well. I was just going to wing it, but would like to hear if there are any genius ideas out there as well.

After you get the lines where you want them, wrap something around them to hold the copper up. I've got two lines and three pipes going into my tower and just wrap tape around the two lines and the pipes can't move. The three copper pipes are soldered together.

Once the copper pipes are in place, spray some expanding foam in the void between the copper and the SS. The foam insulation will act like glue. Make sure they dont drop down before the foam sets.

Back