Growler/Bottling question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tizzomes

Reaction score
So I've been brewing for about 4 years now and slowly evolved throughout the years. I brew all grain ( batch sparging ) and keg what what I brew with the exception of a couple bottles that are bottled with tablets.
So my question is I'm entering into my first homebrew competition. Nothing serious just a reason to get out there and have some fun. They ask you bring 4 growlers and 2 bottles for the judges. Do you guys think I could fill the growlers from my keg before I go. Or is that bad competition etiquette? Call me lazy....

Sounds to me like it is the 4 growlers to share with the masses and the 2 bottles for judging. Still a ridiculous requirement unless it is a huge event. Even then, still a heckuva requirement.

Thanks for the advice, I also thought 4 growlers was a bit much. Its the " first annual " of it's kind they may have tweaking to do with the rules lol !

Glugglug has a good point only problem, when I keg is when I would bottle the judges beers. So leaves me with about 4 weeks for the bottles to condition and a full keg I can't touch...ouch.

Bottle off the keg, there is a thread on how to do it without a beer gun somewhere.

Didn't even think about that, one search on You Tube and done. Thanks Ramitt, like I mentioned this would be my first competition.

Thanks
This site ROCKS!

Back