Ferm Chamber Height?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gatorforty

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm gonna start a build on a ferm chamber with a mini fridge and an STC1000. I basically have everything already but had a question:

I'm currently fermenting in a 3 Gal Carboy, but likely will move to 6.5 Gal Carboys or buckets in the near future. I don't have any to measure. Could anyone tell me how TALL I'll have to make the chamber to accommodate either of those with an airlock or blow off tube on it?

Thanks, would really appreciate the help.

Ron

Mine is 32" and it fits fine with room to spare. Both S-Style airlocks and the 3 piece ones. As far as a blowoff tub I use a drilled bung with a 3/8" ID tubing and it fits as well, actually its lower then the airlocks.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback. Looks like based on the fridge I'm using and some design constraints mine is going to be 30" inside height.

Ron

You can find fermenters in all sorts of dimensions.

That said the 6 gallon better bottles are only 12" but 20" tall. Assume another inch or two for a bung and blow off tube to have a turning radius.

Back