wilko wine it.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter006

Reaction score
Hi all
Just a quick question. Im now movng aaway from ciders for a while and giving wine a go. Got myself a wilko wine kit (6 bottle) and it there is nothing about moving to secondary, reason om asking is because last tme I added finings to my cider it just clung to the sediment and never really cleared . Also would yyou suggest using the finings which come with the kit or the 2 part pkt..
Tia

Thanks. I'm still a complete noob with only a few brews under my belt. Not really expecting anything great, well not with my experience. Just ive never really had much success with finings and looking around ppeople seem to prefer the A+B finings pkt..

There's only one good wine and thats the wine you like whether its 50 or 5 $/£

Its my 1st shot at wine and only cost £8 (just add brew sugar)

Anyone else reading this then I shall post a good or bad comment but then ..

Thanks again for the advice but I did invert the sugar and dehydrate the yeast. :s

Hi all
Just finished the degassing stage and waiting for it to clear. When I bottle, how long will it keep? Its not an expensive kit. I was told that it should be drank within 6 months!
Its a wilko 21 day kit - cab sav
Thanks

Without adding any anti-oxidant (k-meta) it won't keep more than 6 months to a year.

But, really...6 bottles will be gone in about 6 days!!!

Wilko wine kit.
As intended per instructions apart from inverting the sugar, rehydrating the yeast and filling to 1gallon straight off and needed 500g sugar not 450g
SG 1.090 - VFG .950
Used blowoff tube not bubble ( personal preference due to very active fermentations )
Start to finish ( Bottled ) 14 days
Slight loss of colour richness
Lacks body in taste
BUT...
Very drinkable
Suggest:
Degass for 48h not 24
Leave bottled for 1 week before drinking :)

Hope this helps anyone wishing to give it a go..

Back