Custom built vent hood 95% from materials I had laying around

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dharward

Reaction score
IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4092.jpg
IMG_4091.jpg

I built it to be 32” x 60” to hold my three tier propane system that you can see photo below:
IMG_4089.jpg

Built two frames out of 2x4s and attached them vertically with 2x6s that I had laying around (ran out of 2x4s) because I thought hey is there ever such a thing as too sturdy?

Only thing I had to buy was a $30 booster fan from amazon and some vent hose and exterior vent cover total cost was $65. I even had the paint and barn wood laying around in my garage from an old find that I never used.

The fan was 400cfm enough to pull the steam and some of the heat out of the garage. I am not too worried about it because I can keep the doors open when brewing.

Lined it with OSB plywood on the interior sides and the top was some extra dry wall that I had. Gave it all a good coat of high gloss paint that I had from another project and it’s all good to go.

I have a switch that I am planning to wire in at some point but those were also extra parts.

Disclaimer: almost all of the parts and pieces were leftovers from other renovation projects when my wife and I renovated our 1940s house.

Looks great! I love repurposing stuff also, gives the project something more than that I made it feeling.

Back