Anyone tried *new* Briess Goldpils Vienna malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluelakebrewing

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has tried the new briess goldpils vienna malt and what there impressions were?

Heres the technical write up from briess:

http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Assets/PDFs/Briess_PISB_GoldpilsViennaMalt.pdf

sounds tasty! Wanted to get some feedback before I ordered it online since LHBS doesnt carry it. &*$# shipping prices for grain! (on another note, anyone have a favorite place to buy grain online that doesnt cost an arm and a leg to ship?)

Thanks!

I tried it in an IPA that I usually use regular vienna, and it came out sweeter eventhough it is supposed to be less sweet. I am not sure if it was the goldpils, or if I messed something up, but the only thing that was "different" that I am aware of, was the gold pils. Still tasted great. I say give it a shot and see what happens.

Anyone interested in the character of this malt in a commercial brew may want to check out Portland Brewing's 2015 Summer S.M.A.S.H. release, brewed with Goldpils Vienna and Simcoe hops.

Back