Broke regulator?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam01

Reaction score
My dual regulator fell over while on the bottle(co2). Now it leaks out the weep hole (taprite)
I bought a gasket kit, but it doesn't help. What else can I do? I have another regulator but can separate any of the fittings to substitute.

When you have two regulators they are not the same. So it may not be as easy as pulling stuff off the single as those parts would most likely work in the first or high pressure regulator.

What brand regulators are they? You can get parts for most of them.

Edit:

For instance my double regulator is a cornelius regulator pair. On the data plate the first (closest to the tank valve) is labeled as Primary and not to exceed 500 PSI. The second one is labeled Secondary and says something like not to exceed 200 PSI.

Any single regulator would be the 500 PSI variety.

Yes, I believe the my second regulator leaks like the link - out the weep hole.
I bought a diaphram replacement kit - the parts look almost identical.

I added keg lube to the diaphram and made sure the inner screw piece is tight.
It almost works. If I don't have to change the pressure it holds pressure. When I'm changing
pressures, it leaks out.

I agree with the first poster, my dual may be a primary/secondary setup. Is there any way to tell ? I have several single regulators, thus I figured that I could pull off the second one
and replace with a single version - if I could get them apart.

Back