Thanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearKnowBeer

Reaction score
I have unsubscribed and can't find it (laziness). I had a problem with high finishing gravity. Someone said i need to aerate, and i explained i poured back and forth a few times. Which wasn't working.

Some poster said to "Whisk the crap out of it for a minute" (paraphrase) This worked, finished at 1012 a good 8 points lower than any previous.

Whoever you are, let it be known that you rule!

I thought i should only worry about oxidation post fermentation? the whisking took place immediately following the boil.

Am i incorrect in this thinking? If so, i will drink said cardboard beer with pride, and withdraw my thanks.

Ohhhhhhh lol nevermind then! I was thinking you had a stuck ferment then did that to finish. Carry on lol

It is take it from me, done it to a small batch before. It literally tastes like wet cardboard, caused by aeration during or after ferment.

I am just 4 batches in, but each one I have made has been dayum tastey. This weekend making a centennial blonde. Gonna start my starter Thursday night.

Not only is beer making fun its fricken delicious.

Back