Fondue date suggestions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wait, when you said "we" you meant you and your fellow Kentuckian headbanger not "we" as in you and the lady you are dating. I got confoosed.

Do it brother!

Headbanger and his "old lady";) are 2 really cool people. He has this pellet fired grill that is half pizza oven, 1/2 smoker, and 1/2 (YES IT HAS 3 HALVES it is so bad ass so SHUT UP!!!!) grill.

Man... vacation in a red state... next thing you know I'll be listening to country music.

Actually... there is absolutely no chance I'll ever listen to country music... but vacation in Kentucky doesnt sound even half bad suddenly.

Leave the stereotypes at home though! Both Headbanger and I DETEST country music.

EDIT: Johnny cash and old bluegrass are A ok, anyone on country music awards or CMT can be banished to the void for all I care.

Not a stereotype in this application... Ive always said two things Id never do is vacation in a red state and the other was listen to country music. I'm softening my stance on one of those two.

Wait... Louisiana is red right? I already broke my own rule...

Man... vacation in a red state... next thing you know I'll be listening to country music.

Actually... there is absolutely no chance I'll ever listen to country music... but vacation in Kentucky doesnt sound even half bad suddenly.

Your ears may ring a bit, but it damn sure won't be resulting from any country music nonsense.

Doh! Kentucky gets a bad rap from hollywood and a lot of america, sorry if I got over-sensetive!......... Now those hillbillies in W Virginia on the other hand.....;)

hehe. All I know about Kentucky so far are:

1) That I need to try a hotbrown
2) Derby is a bigger deal than I could have ever imagined
3) Louisville and Lexington are night and day different
4) There is a definite unique Kentucky Accent
and finally
5) if you dont open a Kroger store exactly on time veterans will congregate at the front door demanding you sell them cornbread. True story.

hehe. All I know about Kentucky so far are:

1) That I need to try a hotbrown
2) Derby is a bigger deal than I could have ever imagined
3) Louisville and Lexington are night and day different
4) There is a definite unique Kentucky Accent
and finally
5) if you dont open a Kroger store exactly on time veterans will congregate at the front door demanding you sell them cornbread. True story.

"Good people" should make the list. Fewer asshats per capita than anywhere. Even the rednecks who do like country music will stop to help a stranger and offer awesome hospitality.

Louisville is actually the 16th biggest city in america. Few people know that. It is a big city with an awesome music and restaurant scene, but with small town friendly people.

#1 basketball TV market in the US of A.

Veterans, kroger, cornbread..........that's a new one!

Oh I almost forgot. In order to get Murrays products from a Kroger you Louisvillians will have to go to the following address:

291 North Hubbards Lane, Louisville, KY.

Oh I almost forgot. In order to get Murrays products from a Kroger you Louisvillians will have to go to the following address:

291 North Hubbards Lane, Louisville, KY.

WOW. I visited Prospect, Crestwood, Westport rd. Probaly the 3 nicest Krogers in the nicest parts of town. Who would have guessed?

Here's that list of "weirdly great" fondue foods: iceberg lettuce, dried figs, pasta, avacado, pearl onions, mini sausages, candied walnuts, popcorn, bacon, mini bagels, roasted buternut squash, celery, crossaints, corn on the cob, grapes, and beef jerky.

Here's that list of "weirdly great" fondue foods: iceberg lettuce, dried figs, pasta, avacado, pearl onions, mini sausages, candied walnuts, popcorn, bacon, mini bagels, roasted buternut squash, celery, crossaints, corn on the cob, grapes, and beef jerky.

Are you suggesting dipping these in cheese fondue?

I'm not, but the magazine that has that list is suggesting to. Many of those sound pretty good though.

Agreed brother!

Somehow we are on to date 4 or 5 and have yet to do the fondue.

She did introduce me to 3 EPIC spanish cheeses.

Cabo al vino (or something like that) Manchego and some other one.

Better off just making actual candied quince than resorting to paste, IMO.

Back