Iron Maiden beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didja watch the video, did you hear what he said? He said ALE!!!! Not a bmc light lager like Kid Rock's...but a real honest to god CASK ALE...with real color and actual FLAVOR!!!!!!!!

I wonder if it will be sold here in 'merica?

keep-calm-rock-on.jpg

I wonder if it will be sold here in 'merica?

The press release says, "Fans of both Iron Maiden and real ale can sign up to get news and updates on Trooper Premium British Beer from ironmaidenbeer.com, where bottles will be available to purchase by both UK and overseas customers from May 2013."

I'll wait to see what shipping costs are, but I'm definitely interested from a novelty perspective and a hopefully good beer perspective.

Okay, this is some amazing news. I hope it's available in the USA. I recently had a conversation with another brewer about the possibility of a line of Maiden-themed homebrews ... looks like they beat us to the punch.

Yeah pretty good. It's just an ESB type beer though really. I liked it a lot, and if you can't get hold of many English beers then it's a great example of a good bitter. But unremarkable as English beers go.

Robinsons did another one a while back with Elbow (the band, probably not famous in the US??), called let's build a rocket boys, and this beer strikes me as more of the same. It's nice but unremarkable.

As soon as it's exporting to the US I'll definitely have to pick up at least one bottle for novelty's sake. If it's a decent ESB, that's just a bonus.

Need one of these, and a bottle of Motorhead's Bastards Lager. I really don't care if the beer is ****.

Need one of these, and a bottle of Motorhead's Bastards Lager. I really don't care if the beer is ****.

It's not, it's pretty good. Robinsons are a reasonably accomplished (if a little bland) brewery and they wouldn't put out something this high profile if it was actually bad.

I'd buy it again for sure, wouldn't go far out of my way though.

It's not, it's pretty good. Robinsons are a reasonably accomplished (if a little bland) brewery and they wouldn't put out something this high profile if it was actually bad.

I'd buy it again for sure, wouldn't go far out of my way though.
If the beer is good, all the better. What I really want is one of the empty casks.

aiptasia said:
I'm still holding out for the Bavarian version, "Run To The Pils."

Well played, well played!

I must have this brew!

Back