Coriander seeds - didn't grind them, issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeve007

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Making a lime & jalapeno gose, added my salt & coriander but just realised now (as wort is cooling down) that I should have ground/cracked the coriander seeds. So I guess this will result in less flavour of that than I should have got? Will I get some flavour?

And can I add a little in the fermenter to help?

you could maybe make a tincture with the coriander. Steep coriander in vodka for a week and add it to the keg or bottling bucket

Grind some up and soak in vodka to sanitize, then add to fermenter. I don't suggest heat sanitizing because I toasted some coriander once for a golden monkey clone and it ruined the beer, gave it a flavor somewhat like ramen noodles :oops:

Edit: I still drank it.

Already doing a jalapeno tincture for the end of fermenting, so the vodka sanitizing might be good for this time... it's only a small amount for a gose anyway, so won't be a lot, and can taste daily and remove dry hop bag if taste gets strong.

Thanks guys.

Edit: I still drank it.
That's what's happening with an IPA I tried secondary fermenting with tinned pineapple = lesson learned, never use tinned fruits! But yeah, slowly getting through the beer, good when it's really hot, or I'm already a little drunk... ;)

Back