New equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Islandboy85

Reaction score
I finished building a little water manifold for cooling and two stage filtered water. Not too bad. My soldering skills still are weak. I repurposed my old 35 foot IC into a CFC also. That was a pleasant exercise to say the least.a second pair of hands would've come in handy. Ill have to do a quick leaning run through it all tomorrow before brewing on it.

image-3780481803.jpg

Well obviously I'm an idiot. I have two leaky solder joints, and realized I put the valve in the wrong location too. Ill have to fix that later this week.

Usually you can fix pinhole leaks in solder joints by brushing a bit of flux and heating up gently until the solder flows. You'll have to undo the plastic bits and drain it first of course.

alien said:
Usually you can fix pinhole leaks in solder joints by brushing a bit of flux and heating up gently until the solder flows. You'll have to undo the plastic bits and drain it first of course.

Yeah, I know I need to dry it out first. Ill actually have to die solder it since one if the valves needs to be on the output side of the filters, and not on the input. An opportunity to practice more soldering I guess.

pfgonzo said:
Why the two stages? The filter casings are the same; do you have different cartridges in each to get different contaminants? Or is your tap/well that bad?

I put a sediment filter on first to catch the big stuff so that the carbon filter lasts longer.

Back