Cooler MT, help me recirculate my strike water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30Bones

Reaction score
OK, recently went from BIAB to a cooler MT and using my 20 gallon kettle for an HLT/BK.

Cooler is a super thick RTIC 65 quart, and while it holds temp great it also hold the basement cold in as well taking it a lot longer to heat up than my former Coleman Extreme. What I want to do is recirculate my strike water through my MT for several minutes before I mash in.

I only have one pump with a 3 way ball valve and the recirculating arm from the BIAB setup I can use to pump water into the cooler. Just drawing a blank on how to get the water back to the kettle since my pump only has one "in" and two "outs".

All my fittings are TC, except my cooler which is just a barb fitting and ball valve. I have no issues ordering more TC's/hose to make this work.
57143309762__B0AF2E0E-1495-4237-AADC-BB708D4BE439-X3.jpg

received_10155138098188662-XL.jpg

I think I have another 3 way valve. I could put that on my pump input and open it to allow the water in from both the kettle and cooler. Just need an extra hose and a TC.

Back