What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more Dundee honey brown lager & vodka for today & tomorrow. hopefully brew tomorrow. Got a trunk load of local spring water today,but due to goverment's new regulations as of 5/1/13,the price went up from 10c to 25c per gallon. Gee thanks,Obama!:mad:

Dundee, mmmm been a while.

What is this new water cost you speak off

How do you think it compares to Shiner?

Not as good. I'm not crazy about either out of a bottle, but do like shiner bock on tap, same with ziegenbock. Usually shinier is on tap most bars and such, ziegen is at places that have bud light Coors light miller light and ziegenbock. So they each have their time and place

Dundee, mmmm been a while.

What is this new water cost you speak off

24oz Dundee honey browns are 99c a can here. Pretty good for the price when your low on cash. I don't know the details of the new regs,but they did tighten up the spring water industry. So the price went up 2.5 times!

Having picture A to get over the sting of picture B... Apparently some dude reeaaaally wanted my power drill

image-2476975179.jpg

image-3763948836.jpg

Haymaker IPA for our Friday! Had a black mild firkin conditioned with beef jerky last nite...that was a damn fine brew!

Nothing right now...at work for another hour. But I did have a swig of Old Rasputin and a taster of homemade cider on my lunch hour while down at the LHBS.

Odd Sides Showstopper Strong Belgian Amber along with our growler takes for today. A 32oz Mayan Mocha Stout, 32oz Beanflicker Coffee Blonde and a 64oz Firefly Papaya Habanero Pale Ale. I truly love this brewery! Living my dream vicariously through a friend :ban:

ForumRunner_20130517_194148.jpg

nukebrewer said:
This is a pretty good IPA. I like the Galaxy hops, but they're not blowing my mind like I thought they would from what I've ready about them. The beer's on the sweet side as IPAs go, but overall it's a solid IPA.

I made an IPA with them recently and used a LOT of them, and I was pretty underwhelmed. Some mild tropical notes with a flowery earthy flavor. Nothing too spectacular.

Channel66 said:
I'm still on the road, swmbo just texted me this.

"Post this to your website, brought the dogs up to the house to go for a swim, I'm at yo house drinking yo beers... ps. I think taking pictures of beer is silly"

You've got a winner there! She might think it's silly, but she takes nice pics!

You've got a winner there! She might think it's silly, but she takes nice pics!

Yeah she sees me doing it all the time making fun of me. Though I have to say she does better than me with a phone.

She's definitely something else.

Tomorrow I've got a day off maybe I will just head to the house. I'd Rather sit by the river than in a crappy apartment.

Haven't posted in this thread in awhile but damn, this beer deserves it. Proof sometimes two heads really are better than one. Great collaboration.

image-93531520.jpg

I am drinking my second batch of home brew which is a Weiss beer. This was a kit I purchased from a local HBS which included specialty grains. As you can see in the background, My new 10 gallon coolers arrived today as well. Time to do an all grain for my next batch.

image-3428129502.jpg

A buddy's HB coffee stout. Holy overcarb! It's tasty after that settled down tho. Nice balance between the coffee notes and lactose sweetness. Well done!

image-3577830994.jpg

Channel66 said:
I'm still on the road, swmbo just texted me this.

"Post this to your website, brought the dogs up to the house to go for a swim, I'm at yo house drinking yo beers... ps. I think taking pictures of beer is silly"

Haha, nice

Back