Call for any Christchurch New Zealanders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyhood

Reaction score
Need some help with my grains. I just found out that the LHBS does not mill your grains for you here in Christchurch.. I do not have the resources right now to buy one so I thought I would do it the old fashion way.. not working out that well.. If anyone has a mill or know where I can go to get these milled today I would be ever thankful and you would have a new drinking buddy:):mug:
please call me (022 659 0259) or text me there or here!

cheers
Gary

hey mate where did u buy your grains from? You could try a strong coffeee grinder set on coarse. You could also adapt those electric spice grinders and a fiuunnel or something to make one, Another idea is making a roller to just crack them and run it through them a few times.
Good luck mate

You just need to crack the grains. You could do it with a wine bottle possibly, though in a pinch you could probably rig something up. Maybe put the grains between two pieces of hard wood and hit it with a hammer. Since the goal is to get the water to the inside of the grain anything that you can do to breach the outer husk should work.

After about 2 years I think he might of got it sorted :D

Back