What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WesleyS said:
I didn't care for it young but, after two years in the beer fridge, it turns into something great.

So it's good that I blew a half inch of dust off the bottles? Any other style and I would not have purchased these.

Maybe I'll try one and then "hide" the rest.

Ridire said:
So it's good that I blew a half inch of dust off the bottles? Any other style and I would not have purchased these.

Maybe I'll try one and then "hide" the rest.

Also worth a try is the Imperial Stout and Double Bock. They're in the same series as the Wee Heavy, all in four packs. I had aged a couple of each because I just didn't like them at all young and they were all three really good after two years.

image-4247394836.jpg

Blonde ale I brewed for a baby shower next weekend. Next time I do this I'm adding peaches.

Naked Flock original cider.

Story behind the name:
"The Naked Flock Story is an old folk tale from the town of Warwick. There was a Pastor who was great friends with Moby Dick Author Herman Melville. Melville brought the Pastor a gift from a trip to the Orient. Seeds that the Pastor planted in his garden and grew into the most beautiful Poppies that anyone in the town had seen. One day the geese broke into the garden and ate the Poppies, and yes, they were those kind of Poppies. The geese fell into a sleep so deep that they were thought dead and plucked by the pastors children for their feathers. To everyone's shock, hours later the geese awoke and staggered around naked.

The Pastors own congregation was horrified by the sight and demanded the geese be slaughtered. But listening to the pleas of his children, he decided to take a stand and defend the Naked Flock."

Billy-Klubb said:
my eyes aren't as good as they used to be. does the bottom say "no peppers, just puns"?

That is what it says, the name of the beer is Hotter Than Helles. Your eyes aren't as bad as you thought.

image-1780989954.jpg

Ice water tonight after 15 bottles of founders centennial ipa last night i don't want nothing to drink today :(

Last night I tried a glass of my first bottle of Costco Chardonnay (Argentia Ridge) and it was very blah. I bottled it over a month ago and that's the recommended waiting time before drinking it. I don't think further aging is going to help it a lot.

About half an hour ago tried it in a white wine spritzer (half bland tasteless chardonnay, half sprite) and it was fit to drink (not bad actually).

Currently I am drinking a home brewed double chocolate milk stout. It's OK but if I ever try another DCMS it won't be using the same recipe as I used for this one (my own half assed concoction).

skeezerpleezer's Black IPA. This is a great beer, man! I'll admit I can't tell exactly which hops are used, but I think I detect Cascade in there somewhere. It kind of catches you off guard to drink a dark beer and get a semi-dry, hoppy beer instead of the sweet beer your brain tells you it must be based on past experience. Once you force your brain to abandon the dark/sweet interlock, though, it's smooth sailing. Awesome job, Heath!

20130511_200700.jpg

Back