• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pennsylvania rhizomes cheap, many varieties

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerloaf

Reaction score
I trimmed a 3 year old Centennial plant and I ended up with a huge amount of rhizomes. I had 2 harvests from this plant last year. Shipping will be flat rate USPS small box at $5.80. I can fit quite a few in a small box, if someone is looking for multiples. Payment via paypal or MO.

ALL GONE!

I just added Northern Brewer and East kent Golding to the list. Check out last page for current availability.

Thanks,
beerloaf

here is a pic of all the Centennials...
21nk4zr.jpg

Here is the difference between the jumbo and the regular sizes. I consider anything over 1/2" diameter to be "large" vs the smaller ones that can thinner in diameter. Both are fine and I have a huge plant that I started from a small 1/4" diameter rhyzome.

fclnj5.jpg

As far as shipping, I will be changing it to a flat rate to keep things simple and to get free boxes as well as to get them there faster.

beerloaf

beerloaf said:
I trimmed a 3 year old Centennial plant and I ended up with a huge amount of rhizomes. I had 2 harvests from this plant last year. Shipping will be flat rate USPS small box at $5.80. I can fit quite a few in a small box, if someone is looking for multiples. Payment via paypal or MO.

regular size- $3 ea

extra large- $5 ea (I have approx 6 of these.)

I have 5 Chinook rhizomes also from a 3 y/o plant, this one produced over 3 lbs of of hops last year.

regular size- $3 ea

I will probably have others as well, I still have to trim a Hallertau, Cascade and Mt hood plants. I will probably have them in the next few days and I'll update this post.

Thanks,
beerloaf

I am interested in some cascade, centennial and chinook, 3 of each regular size
Can PayPal funds when ready

beerloaf said:

regular size- $3 ea

extra large- $5 ea (I have approx 6 of these.)

I have 5 Chinook rhizomes also from a 3 y/o plant, this one produced over 3 lbs of of hops last year.

regular size- $3 ea

I will probably have others as well, I still have to trim a Hallertau, Cascade and Mt hood plants. I will probably have them in the next few days and I'll update this post.

Thanks,
beerloaf

Interested in an xl (1)of each Hallertau, Cascade, Mt Hood & Centennial, think you can fit them in a single box? I am in Kennett sq, pa... Where in PA are ya?

Thanks, Chris

I would like an extra large centennial and an extra large cascade shipped to 61938. shoot me a pm with total price with shipping to 61938 and PayPal info.

thanks

I am interested in one of each kind you have, I could come and get them in may as my parents live in lancaster and I'm getting married there soon, if may is too far away I'm ok with paying shipping too

I will be sending out PMs regarding everyones request shortly. Thanks for being patient, as of an hour ago I was still digging up plants and transplanting them I have 13 total. I also have more rhizomes added. Northern Brewer and East Kent Golding. Below is what I have left as of the above orders and pms that I already received and responded to.

All regular sized rhizomes unless noted otherwise:

ALL GONE!

Too bad for me. I just ordered some centennial and Willamette. I don't have room for more. To top it off I'm right across the river!:(

Too bad for me. I just ordered some centennial and Willamette. I don't have room for more. To top it off I'm right across the river!:(

That is too bad since I work in York. I still have a bunch left if you change your mind or know of anyone else who wants to get into hop growing.

All requests have been responded to and the above post has current availability. Thanks for all the interest.

beerloaf

These were shipped, 4/8-

Airwolf
wdonn
JustBrewIt
Alchemy
Kenneth Brew

You guys should have them in the next few days. 4/10 was the ETA given at USPS.

Were shipped on 4/9

Norie_ ETA 4/11
vdub117 ETA should be end of week the latest, first class is a little slower than priority
freshhoarse ETA 4/11

Were shipped 4/10-

Cletus81 ETA 4/12
Ma23456 ETA 4/12

Was shipped 4/12-

Skemp45 ETA - 4/15

beerloaf

Got mine today. Look good. Now I have to figure out were to plant them
Thanks

Got mine today. Look good. Now I have to figure out were to plant them
Thanks

I'm glad to hear that. I can't help you with the planting. I just replanted my entire garden of 13 plants to a different location in the yard. So far I have 2 first year plants, 2 2nd year plants, and the other 9 are 3rd year, so I'm anticipating a decent harvest. My best growers are the Centennial and the Chinook that I was selling rhizomes from. I still have plenty of the Centennial left, that plant just went bonkers and grew everywhere. Happy growing.

beerloaf

Just wondering what you have remaining...I am adding to my hop yard and wouldn't mind adding something new to the field..let me know, will send PM also, thanks.

Can you send me $35 worth of rhizomes? I will paypal if you give me info. Please label them so I know what is what.$35 includes shipping.
Thanks
Dan

Can you send me $35 worth of rhizomes? I will paypal if you give me info. Please label them so I know what is what.$35 includes shipping.
Thanks
Dan

I will let you know what I have left after a few people get back to me with their PMs.

beerloaf

As of right now I have a bunch of Centennial and 4 Mt Hood left. 1 Northern Brewer Left.

beerloaf

I would be interested in buying a Centennial, Mt. Hood, and Northern Brewer if available

If anyone is still interested I still have these left:

2- Mt Hood
2- Chinook (yes I dug up some more)
20+ Centennial

Still $3 each plus $5.80 flat rate shipping.

beerloaf

2- Northern Brewer
2- Chinook
2- Mt Hood
2 Centennial

I'll take these, pm me paypal info..thanks..

My centennials are pretty big however I have shipped up to 6-8 rhizomes in a small flat rate box without problems. The extra large ones that I don't have anymore, I was able to fit 2-3 in a box.

beerloaf

Latest posts

Back