DC Metro area group buy #2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might reconsider my Vienna malt purchase if nobody wants to split. I'm planning a Vienna-base Oktoberfest, but would only use it for the one batch. The 2-row still stands as requested.

Can I please get a new PM for grain prices? The old ones I have appear to have vanished.

Put me down for:
1 bag - Pils DME
2 bags - Golden Light DME

Anyone interested in splitting a bag of Dark Munich?

lockwom - I'd be in for 10-15 lbs of Vienna.
climateboy - I'd also be interest in 10 lbs of some of what you get (although just got 10lbs of C10 and C60, so not those).

atjsparty: I'll split the dark munich with you.
lockwom: I'll take up to a third of the vienna; do you still want about half?
rwagner23: PM on the way

Please put me down for 4 bags of Rahr 2-row, if you're still up for meeting near Afton at some point.

Thanks
Winter

winterc: no problem, you are in and I will haul it out to Afton next chance I get.

All: This one is going to close out soon. We have about 5 sacks to hit 40. So if you are waffling, now is the time to put your order in or wait until buy #3.

I know I said I'd split a bag of Vienna, but I think instead I will take a whole sack. I know at least two people on this thread were discussing splitting a sack of Vienna, so you guys should be able to work that out to mutual satisfaction.

I will also take a sack of Crisp Marris-Otter.

I'll take a sack of Maris Otter, please.

Stonebrewer, I'll take 10lb of your C150, and as much of the C60 you got previously that you are willing to spare.

I'd be in for C20 or C40 if any one would split it with me.

If anyone wants to do three way on the C20 & C40 I will take a third of each. If not, I will take half and sell it by the pound to anyone interested that participates in the group buy as long as it doesn't get out of hand...

I will check on the C60 tonight and let you know how much I can let go...if I am low (doubtful) we can talk about another split.

climateboy: Looks like I am down to about 8-9 lbs of C60. Do you want to do a third of C20, a third of C40, and a third of C60? If so the splits would be:

C20 - climateboy, atjsparty, stonebrewer
C40 - climateboy, atjsparty, stonebrewer
C60 - climateboy, jasonvt, stonebrewer

I can back out of any or all if someone really wants a split, or can take a third of each.

We are 2 sacks from being full and moving on to the next buy. If you are sitting on the fence, now is the time to get in or wait until the next buy. I have a lot of travel planned this summer so stock up now as these buys may be a little more sporadic in May-Sept.

Everyone that is in this buy please send me an email address I can correspond to you with. I used PM on HBT last time and it was a PITA. You have to wait a minute between emails so I would rather to a group email. Send me an email at st0nyk at outlook dot com.

Right now I have this list in the buy:
socal2009
olivedrab
thewurzel
bobberdc
winterc
codemunki
lockwom
pagerage
res291que
claphamsa
stonebrewer
capnjb
jasonvt
atjsparty
hogwash
FCBR
climateboy

I will send out an email with what you owe once we close.
Cheers all!!

Those splits look good to me.

I would also go in on one of the floor malted bohemian pils if anyone was game.

Weyermann Pils
Weyermann Dark Munich
Rahr 2 Row

If it's only two bags, I'll take the Pils and 2 row and wait on the Dark Munich.

Thanks,

Will

OK looks like that closes Group Buy #2. I will put the order in and let you know next steps. Please send me an email as detailed in post #56 and I will get you information. Once that goes out, I will send the info to our buyer and we will wait for a ship date. I suspect this will come in around the week of Memorial Day. More info to come once I have it. I will open up Group Buy #3 as a new post, so if you want in on the next one, head over to that post and get it started.

Cheers!
Tony

Edit: Here is a link to the next buy: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/dc-metro-area-group-buy-3-a-409802/#post5176676

Here's what I think everyone owes:

HBT Name Total
socal2009 $112
olivedrab $121
thewurzel $54
bobberdc $104
winterc $156
codemunki $130
lockwom $90
pagerage $279
res291que $48
claphamsa $80
stonebrewer $91
capnjb $54
jasonvt $180
atjsparty $413
hogwash $78
FCBR $40
climateboy $196
novahokie09 $88

NOTE: If you started a split, you pay for the grain and collect from others. So for instance I started a split of Light Munich which res291que took half, so I will pay for the sack and collect the $25 he owes. climateboy has a lot of splits, most of which I owe him money on. Also I did not put the C150 on this...we will do that separately. There are 6 splits, either 2 way or 3 way so it is a little complicated, but I have it all recorded so we should be able to work it out. Let me know if you have any questions! I will send you each a copy of the spreadsheet to second check me on.

I am setup to take PayPal if you want to pay that way or I can take cash the day you pick up. Either is fine with me. Everyone send me their email address and I will send out an email with all the pertinent info on how to pay, where to pickup, etc. Last time went really smoothly so hope this time does as well.

For those of you that are meeting me in Afton, I will send you an email to let you know when I am in the area. See post #56 above for my email address.

Cheers!
Tony

Well I guess I spoke too soon. Bobberdc decided to back out so we have two more sacks we need to fill before I can place the order. Sorry about that...

Including or not including novahokie09's Dark Munich?

I'm also interested in some Dark Munich, just not a whole bag. Anyone interested in a(nother) split?

Just got in from a looooooooooooong day at work. Consider the buy closed. socal2009 gets another sack and novahokie09 gets another. I will get an update out tonight or tomorrow, depending on what SWMBO has in store for me. Also gotta get two carboys emptied into kegs and cleaned tonight. Oy!

EDIT: OK I updated the spreadsheet. The only thing hanging out is whether or not FCBR and climateboy want the BoPils or not. If you want it, I can take a sack off my order as I am in 6 splits plus a sack of pale, so I can let the pale go for now if you guys want the pils. Let me know so I can close her out. I don't care one way or the other as I have about 3 sacks of base malts and can wait on the next order (which at this rate will be next month).

FCBR: Thanks! I am probably alright on grain as I cannot brew for the next three weeks, have about 150 lbs of grain, and brewed 40 gallons in the last month, so I am in great shape.:)

This buy is closed; email coming out tonight to everyone as soon as I get off work, tally up the paperwork, create an email list, etc. If you need grain, please go to group buy #3 thread and post. Thanks!

Order is in and he think's it will be delivered around the 28th or so, tentatively plan to pickup on the following Saturday (1 June). I will send out an email later with details. Sorry I haven't been online much as I have been travelling for work and am in a different time zone working LONG days. Cheers!

Order is in and he think's it will be delivered around the 28th or so, tentatively plan to pickup on the following Saturday (1 June). I will send out an email later with details. Sorry I haven't been online much as I have been travelling for work and am in a different time zone working LONG days. Cheers!

Thanks for the update :)

Just got off the red eye and am trying to catch up having been away for 18 or 19 days. Man is it good to be back home, where the homebrew is! :D

I just got off the phone with our supplier and he has put the order in and specified to not delivery before yesterday so I could be home to receive it. He said he would call the trucking company and get back to me so as soon as I hear something I will post here.

Cheers all!

Grain is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Pick up will be Saturday. I will send mail with details.

Edit: BTW Stefin said he might have some items to sell if interested, like PBW and maybe a specialty malt? I am sure he will post if he is still thinking about that.

Cheers!

Grain is in my garage and I am sweating like a pig. The pallet wasn't done well, so it tilted and the trucker could not get it off the truck as it was leaning too much. So he put part of the load on a second pallet. Luckily my wife was around and could get tarps over them! Anyway, no damage, all is safe and dry. Time for something cold and homebrewed!

Latest posts

Back