What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TNGabe said:
Always start with a blow off tube rigged. You'll be happier.

I usually do my friend. But I brewed a 1.098 Belgian that I pitched a 2 liter Starter of wlp500 Trappist into and foolishly used all the blow off tubing(1 inch) on that. Gonna scavenge and sanitize a half inch siphon tube after dinner that will work until I pick some more up. Have a Rochefort 10 clone going down this weekend!

image-3555194072.jpg

There are tons of HEB, Its Dallas that does not have HEBs but i think they are planning some up there. I'll trade some ketchup for some beers with out a doubt lol :mug:

I work for heb. We already own a lot of property in dfw and will be there at some point. Heb really takes their time to research demographics and such before building

This. Light, hazy yellow color. Good carbonation but no head retention. Nice spice and maybe a little funk on the back end, but it's not up front. If I had a cellar, I'd stash one away (brewery recommends up to two years).

image-318407672.jpg

I work for heb. We already own a lot of property in dfw and will be there at some point. Heb really takes their time to research demographics and such before building

Any idea on a release date for all that Whataburger stuff, the chips and comdiments??

This. Light, hazy yellow color. Good carbonation but no head retention. Nice spice and maybe a little funk on the back end, but it's not up front. If I had a cellar, I'd stash one away (brewery recommends up to two years).

Nice to see a (quasi)hometown beer getting props! This brewery is only a few years old and is making great headway! I think the Liopard Oir is a decent farmhouse ale. I tend to stick with their Belfast Black Ale. It's a smoked porter that I think is done nicely. Compared to some other smoked porters, it's not as strong on the smoked malt. I think it's more balanced.

mcbaumannerb said:
Love the label!

Thanks. Really just stolen artwork from the Internet (don't tell Anthony Burgess) with some fancy Microsoft Word fonts to add my "brewery", beer name and ABV. I threw some orange zest into the boil for the last 15 minutes, so I wanted a name with "orange" in it

It's also my first AG.

I usually do my friend. But I brewed a 1.098 Belgian that I pitched a 2 liter Starter of wlp500 Trappist into and foolishly used all the blow off tubing(1 inch) on that. Gonna scavenge and sanitize a half inch siphon tube after dinner that will work until I pick some more up. Have a Rochefort 10 clone going down this weekend!

That was a 'do as I say, not as I do' comment on my part. My wife woke me up on her way out the door Sunday am to ask if my carboy 'was supposed to be hissing or if I needed to hook up a blow off tube.' I feel like the big tube loses more beer, but that could be my imagination.

I know I drink a lot, but I'm pretty sure not drinking alcohol when I have a bad day is a sign I'm not a total drunk.

More blueberry tea here. As much as I would ridicule the idea if anyone else suggested it, I'm tempted to throw a gallon of saison or berliner or something on a few bags.

I know I drink a lot, but I'm pretty sure not drinking alcohol when I have a bad day is a sign I'm not a total drunk.

More blueberry tea here. As much as I would ridicule the idea if anyone else suggested it, I'm tempted to throw a gallon of saison or berliner or something on a few bags.

Wow did someone pee in your corn flakes or is something really wrong man? Anything we can help you out with?

My first Heady!!

Oh, that sounds wrong.

Got to give thanks to Sambr0n1 for the Heady Topper trade. Good stuff.

That is a *****-slap fruit smack to the face, only to dissolve into a bitter-bite finish. Muddy as hell beer, and I chilled it for a couple days.

Thank you sir, may I please have another?

Love the label!

me too! funny story: I dressed up all A Clockwork Orange for a Christmas party when I worked in the steel yard. open bar, so I got THE HAMMERED. I heckled the crap out of Michael Winslow (from the Police Academy movies). that Monday I got told I was banned from drinking at any company functions.

and I'm now having a Surly Over Rated!

On my third Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale. The other two were....well, umm......consumed before I got home, in my driveway. Yes, that's it, in my driveway.

After eating from a little place Ostomo517 will be jealous of.

I don't have the guts to drink on the road. Though I seen many people do it. The only time I did was at my friends deer lease. Whataburger sounds amazing but my fat ass does not need it.

DisturbdChemist said:
I don't have the guts to drink on the road. Though I seen many people do it. The only time I did was at my friends deer lease. Whataburger sounds amazing but my fat ass does not need it.

Haha, my fat ass didn't need Whataburger either, but after a long rough day, it hits the spot. #5 bacon cheeseburger all the way!

Wow did someone pee in your corn flakes or is something really wrong man? Anything we can help you out with?

Can't find my dog, which is pretty normal. Problem being he got lost several counties from here, yesterday. Spent quite a while looking today, will do the same tomorrow. He's not very smart or good at being a dog, so I'm pretty worried.

Latest posts

Back