Third time is a charm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridire

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Third brew has been in bottles three weeks and I tried a tester that was in the fridge for only 24 hours.

No off tastes and is the first beer I've brewed that I'd share with friends (maybe the porter after 2 months in bottles) but #3 is good right out of the gate.

Good deal. I just bottled my first today, an IPA. I had someone sample it and they said it tasted like an IPA, so I'm off too a good start. Go Tigers.

JrBeerGut said:
Good deal. I just bottled my first today, an IPA. I had someone sample it and they said it tasted like an IPA, so I'm off too a good start. Go Tigers.

Who's on the mound tonight?

My first IPA was a disaster so don't get discouraged if it has flaws. That's why I brewed a simpler beer for #3. I had to prove to myself I could do this. I'm trying the IPA again next.

JrBeerGut said:
I believe Fister. I'm going to the Homebrew day tomorrow in Ann Arbor at Adventures in Homebrewing. You?

It is Fister. Just started.

Working tomorrow. Going to the World Expo of Beers in a few weeks, though. It's my 40th birthday celebration.

EDIT: guess it hasn't started. My MLB app said it had...anyway, Fister is listed as pitcher of record to start.

I can't remember what my third brew was but I do remember that it was very good. My first was an Irish Red that I let get too warm the first day of fermentation. I let it age a little longer and it turned out good. The second was a Patersbier and it was great. I guess I am lucky (or careful) as I have not made a bad batch yet. The worst was a weak second runnings experiment and even it was decent.

kh54s10 said:
I can't remember what my third brew was but I do remember that it was very good. My first was an Irish Red that I let get too warm the first day of fermentation. I let it age a little longer and it turned out good. The second was a Patersbier and it was great. I guess I am lucky (or careful) as I have not made a bad batch yet. The worst was a weak second runnings experiment and even it was decent.

My IPA was my own recipe (on a second ever brew) and I had no idea what late addition hops did differently than early addition. Then I oxidized the hell out of it because I had never siphoned something with that much hop trub.

Back