rubbermaid 10 gallon cooler question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raf715

Reaction score
Im looking to put a bulkhead in the lid for a sparge arm. Does anyone know what size nipple I should use or the thickness of the lid at the center?

I'm kind of looking at this myself so *subscribed*

On a side note, round cooler? box cooler? model? I imagine there would be differences depending on the particular cooler.

It's the round water cooler, model FG1610HDORAN. Just want to order the right hardware before I put a hole in the lid.

I'm not completely positive, but I'm pretty sure it's 3/8". I'm enlarging the hole in my cooler so my 1/2" nipple will fit.

Cheers

JayMac,

Sounds like you're referring to the spout on the cooler. I'm actually looking to put a bulkhead in the lid for a sparge arm. If I misunderstood please let me know.

JayMac,

Sounds like you're referring to the spout on the cooler. I'm actually looking to put a bulkhead in the lid for a sparge arm. If I misunderstood please let me know.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm looking to do the same thing, did you find what you were looking for? If so, I'd be interested in hearing what you went with. I'm hoping to be able to put a 1/2" barb on each end.

I ended up using a 1.5" nipple without any issues. Can post pics if it would help

I have a threaded nipple going through the lid with a coupler and barb on the outside and a nut on the inside with silicone washers on the seals. Then I screw on a sprinkler that I made to the end of the nipple.

I have a threaded nipple going through the lid with a coupler and barb on the outside and a nut on the inside with silicone washers on the seals. Then I screw on a sprinkler that I made to the end of the nipple.

That makes sense. How long is the nipple? I'm looking at one at bargainfittings.com that is about 2.5" long. I'm just trying to figure out if that is long enough to be able to screw on appropriate fittings.

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=36_39_58&product_id=78

I started with a weldless bulkhead kit which uses a close nipple, about 1" long

Back