What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a really great idea. I think with some proper planning it could happen. I also like that type of feedback. I hate my friends who I know don't share my passion as much as I do who just go, "oh that's good!" Me- "what do you like about it?" Them- "well it's just good, smooth and tasty." That type of stuff doesn't help me at all. If it tastes like crap, I need to know and if it does I need to know what parts of it tastes like crap. I think I a lot of people are afraid of hurting feelings. I think in the homebrewing world feelings are not existent. At least they shouldn't be, honest is always better. Where are you located? If its worth my while I would be happy to some how pay for shipping for you and review some of your brew for you.

I'm just outside of Phoenix, AZ and I agree about feedback. Especially from my wife. If I made it, according to her it tastes like "ass". This come from someone who enjoys Michelob Ultra so I pay no mind. Every beer I have entered to comp has medalled though and all my buddies who brew claim to love what I make...

I know what you mean.
My HopSMAC DIPA I have on tap right now is 10.2% ABV and its way too easy to drink.

I wish I could have some. Abrasive is like that too. A lot of beers are actually haha. A honey of a saison from Boulder (it's their imperial saison) is 11% and I can't taste a single hint of booze in there. Gotta love em though. The sneakiness of a nice buzz is nice.

That is a really great idea. I think with some proper planning it could happen. I also like that type of feedback. I hate my friends who I know don't share my passion as much as I do who just go, "oh that's good!" Me- "what do you like about it?" Them- "well it's just good, smooth and tasty." That type of stuff doesn't help me at all. If it tastes like crap, I need to know and if it does I need to know what parts of it tastes like crap. I think I a lot of people are afraid of hurting feelings. I think in the homebrewing world feelings are not existent. At least they shouldn't be, honest is always better. Where are you located? If its worth my while I would be happy to some how pay for shipping for you and review some of your brew for you.

This would be awesome, but why not on a great beer city like Grand Rapids?!?!?

Coffee

image-374493564.jpg

The true test is if you can tell this morning that there was 10.5% ;)

Nah, not even a slight headache. Beer usually doesn't give me a hangover. Lots of wine or hard booze does. I'm also one of those people who sweat out booze. It's pretty gross and only is noticeable after a long night of drinking but I think that helps a little bit with not getting a hangover. I'm not no doctor though.

Swarley88 said:
I hope that's just a Starbucks cup.. if you could freeze your poop and then grind it for french press and put some hot water over it, I think it would still taste better than Starbucks

Not Starbucks coffee. Just the mug.

NIZZLE said:
Haha I have that same press:)

I love it. And I got it ridiculously cheap!
I'm going to need to replace it, though. There's a crack developing at the top. I think something bumped into it while it was sitting near the sink.

Pizza in the oven and enjoying a homebrew from TNGabe. Saison with Citra and Nelson.
My favorite of the three Saisons you sent. Thanks!

image-1510373209.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
my Zythos IPA.

am I the only one that found the "nuzzle" comment last night funny?

Are you talking about last night when DisturbdChemist professed his undying desire to nuzzle with nizzle while drinking a weasel poop beer? ;)

I'm on the road once again so I am drinking Dunkin dark iced with espresso not my first choice of coffee but for fast food coffee I'll take it. black obviously.

TNGabe said:
Might want to double check where that 'Chicago' beer was brewed.

NY, but I don't really care. I'm not one of those people that takes issue with that. It used to be Chicago so that's good enough for me. ;)
All I know is that for an English style IPA it's pretty good.

Today is my buddies band practice and so it's "Old Guardian" Stone breweries barley wine!

I'm still a fan of the Pepe Nero though. haven't had any of the Bourbon Stout made after '08. (2 left in the basement!)

When was the last time you drank one? A friend, who used to buy a lot to cellar, has an 05 or 06 BCBS, whatever the first year is. Said it had turned gawd awful.

NY, but I don't really care. I'm not one of those people that takes issue with that. It used to be Chicago so that's good enough for me. ;)
All I know is that for an English style IPA it's pretty good.

Not trying to open up the AB In-Bev can of worms, just giving you a hard time for calling it a Chicago beer.

Back