One for the time heals all file...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerluvva

Reaction score
Today I had a bottle of my first ever brew, a munton's highland heavy extract kit. Brewed in January of this year. When I first tried it back then, thought it was sour & yeasty & this & that, and my brewing notebook for this beer is full of sins real & imagined that I vowed to fix in the future.

Today, 6 months later, the beer tastes...good. Very good actually. Hooray yeast!

Well I have one right now that I hope fixes itself, I cannot decide if it is sour or twangy, or metalic, or undercarbed, or... lol

It's hard to imagine that more months of just sitting around is going to make that big of a difference, but indeed it can.

One of my brewing buds made a cream ale, the flavor of which at one month brought to mind a stinky barnyard. He left it in the keg and checked on it every few months. It took a little over a year, but all of that nastiness faded away and it became yummy.

Back