Terminal Block Jumpers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, I crimp a spade terminal onto each end of the loop and solder the wire to the lug. I do that with 12 to22 Ga with absolutely no problem structure or design wise. I found a couple of lots of 10 Position cold plated terminal blocks and snatched em right up. It really sanitizes a wiring job and makes it easier to follow if you have to do any trouble shooting later on. I always try to at least number all the wires and draw a simple line schematic when I build something so if I have to trouble shoot it later I can glance at the paper and see what I was thinking when I do stuff building it. Just make sure you size the wire appropriately for the load and voltage.

Wheelchair Bob.

I also used wire:

IMG_5436scropped.jpg

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/keg-ekeggle-conversion-pics-259848/index2.html#post3234824

Just make sure your wiring is large enough to handle the amps at those voltages. It's definitely gonna be thicker than what in using, but I'm only running 12 volts on the panel to control the line voltage without touching it. And I would solder the terminals for a good positive connection that wont corrode and start acting funky or cooking wires.

KevinK,
Musta been typing when you posted. That is a good lookin wiring job. I have very similar terminal strips as yours. Just one wire size larger and gold tinned. Have you driven it yet? Let us know how it works.

WCB

KevinK,
Musta been typing when you posted. That is a good lookin wiring job. I have very similar terminal strips as yours. Just one wire size larger and gold tinned. Have you driven it yet? Let us know how it works.

WCB

Thanks! I have used it many times and it works great. There have been no problems whatsoever.

Back