Monster Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nil

Reaction score
Hello Folks.

I got a brand new Monster Mill 2 and it has greasy residue in the hopper and also some metal dust on the roller, I guess from machining.

Any recommendation for cleaning? Any special cleaning agent or other measure that may prevent damage to the equipment?

It is my first mill and I don't want to screw it up, but I also don't want metal shavings in my first batch of grain.

Thanks, Nil :mug:

For the metal shavings, I'd use either clean compressed air or a clean paint brush. Did your hopper come assembled? Mine was flat packed; I don't recall any residue, but that can be wiped off with a paper towel. If its persistent, I'd maybe use a bit of rubbing alcohol on another paper towel, followed by a dry wipe. Run a few pounds of sacrificial grain through a couple of times before your first use.

I use paint brush and occasionally air compressor to clean my MM2.

Never used any clean agent.

I recently bought a MM2 as well. What I've read is you want to run a pound or so of grain (cheap grocery store bought oatmeal works) to get the metal shavings off the knurled rollers.

I would think any cleaner would work on the hopper. Just make sure everything is dry so it doesn't rust.

Back