New (bigger) pot....what to do with old?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcrawfo2

Reaction score
I upgraded my 8 gallon pot (ball valve and therm) to a 15 gallon Spike Brewing pot. I upgraded because 8 gallons was just too close on my boil volumes
I have two 10 gallon coolers, one for a HLT and another for mashing.
Should I sell the 8 gallon or use it to heat my strike water?

I don't see myself moving to multiple burners anytime soon. I already have a pump, so moving water/wort around just takes time

If u have already seemed to have found a use for it, keep it. I don't part with most of my brew gear, I usually always find additional uses for it. And if I did sell it, not thinking I would need it...that's when I would need it, lol

I'd keep the 8 gallon for a HLT or get a false bottom and use it as a mash tun (may need to insulate) and get rid of the plastic. You've already got the hardware installed to make a brew day much easier.

Buy shelves from sevilleclassics for $80 and do a 3-tier: burner / hlt, mashtun, boil pot. Fly sparge, you can sell the pump.

I upgraded my 9 gallon to a 15 gallon Spike Brewing pot as well so I can do 10 gallon BIAB's. Gonna use it for the first time tomorrow. I'm stoked.
Great pot, got my first one from Spike Brewing as well. Great group to work with.
I think I'll keep my 9 gallon pot a while before I decide to sell it. It's too nice to just give away. :)

Back